chapter 17: obstacle

I'm already accepted by the omatikaya, as a warrior. Me and Neteyam already have a hammock of ourselves. Where we sleep and spend time together.

He was cuddling me from the back, resting his face on his favorite spot which is my lower neck. Weirdly enough that night I couldn't manage to sleep, I was moving a lot but careful not to move my head since well you know...

" Why are you not sleeping?" he asked with a muffled voice.

"I can't sleep," I said to him

"Great, because I can't too," he said

We then decided to go to the river, the place he first brought me to. We talked, played in the water, laughed, made dumb jokes and all...  just whatever we could do just to spend the night together.

The more time I spent with him, the more I noticed that... how simple happiness is when I'm with him. 

And how easily it can disappear...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

of course things didn't went smoothly even after that.

Tomorrow will be the day we are going to raid one of the sky people's camp. I want to participate of course but Neteyam just won't let me. Which causes us to... Currently having an argument with him.

"Netayam, I passed the Ikinimaya, I'm a warrior that is supposed to fight with you!" I frowned

"but you cannot" he said

"why?! I can fight Neteyam, I broke my rules for you, i left my home and my title, and I've mated with you as well as I passed the iknimaya, now I'm an omatikaya warrior. What else should I do to prove to you that i can do it?" i start to shout in 

"Lortsyal, please" he said softly looking at me with a sad expression.

"I can't just stay here while worrying about you fighting in the war! Worrying that you might never come back and-"

"I'm also worried about you Adita, what will happen if i bring you and you will no longer be in my side?! I will never forgive myself!" he raised his voice.

"making me stay in the village alone is not going to make ME feel any better Neteyam!" I said tears starting to swelled in my eyes. 

"it is already been decided, you will not" he said with a low voice while looking down.

"Akhh!" i groaned in frustration walking away from him.

I walked towards the forest where nobody was there. I just stare at the nature while tears keep on pouring down. At this point I'm already too used to crying with no sound being made.

"hey" suddenly a voice called behind me

I wiped of my tears and look at the figure. "Lo'ak? Kiri? Why are you two here?" i replied

"Because we saw you cry, dummy" Kiri replied sitting beside me as i chuckled lightly

"this is all because of your Kelsar (useless) Skxawng older brother" I said to them

"well, that's just my brother." Lo'ak said in agreement 

"He just- you know-" i sighed 

"mhm, he is smart but stupid at the same time"  kiri replied

"Exactly! I just feel like to slap the him to make him realize everything" I frowned

"oh I totally understand that feeling" Lo'ak said making us laugh together.