Chapter 12: Back together again?

Neteyam's POV*

we were patrolling until suddenly sky people decided to come and we got into a fight. Some of us managed to fight them off but we are wounded from it.

*Adita POV

Neteyam just got wounded the other day, but he is already tended to by his grandma. He is ordered to stay back until his wound heals completely. Now he is just an unemployed man roaming around the village. He was always around Adita whenever she was working to help the people.

like now he is hugging Adita on the back and resting his head on her shoulder like a baby while she is helping the other Omatikaya women weave and clean some of the materials from the trees in the forest and make it to some daily basis things. He promised that he could stay with me as long he didn't bother me.

"you're like a baby" I whispered to him

"I know" he mumbled chuckling softly when I rubbed his head gently

When I moved the materials I accidentally slashed a bit of the material on my hands.

"akh" I hissed in low voice

He immediately wakes up and turns his gaze to my fingers. Without much words he took a tiny cloth out of nowhere and tied my fingers with it.

'it's just a small incision, nothing more" i joked

"still though, you need to be careful" 

"said the one who was wounded heavily" i said pointing at his wounds

"Ey, in my advance, there were sky people in there, and a few of us were there" He tried to explain while smiling

"right, right" I laugh it off 

Then i continue to weave and Neteyam walks away taking something but i just focus on my work. When he comes back i notice that is holding a bowl of something and sits beside me as he gently moves my mask to reveal my mouth.

"open" he ordered stuffing my mouth with a berry.

I didn't mind so i just let him do whatever.

"open" he said again

He kept feeding me until my mouth was full and couldn't fit in anymore. When he wants to put in another one, I hold his hand mid air halting his action. I look at him while biting the berries in my mouth a few times and gulp it down before I open my mouth again allowing him to continue feed me.

After all weaverings are done, I put them on the place. It is Neteyam's turn on teaching, even though he is ordered to stay back, his lessons for the younglings are still going on.

I watched him teaching his students. He even introduce them to me. Their names are Sunu'ete, Reytya, Aya'ne, Norentu, and Rey'eng. 

They were pretty great honestly, watching him teaching makes me realize how kind and patient he is. This is when Lo'ak come to me and decided to talk

"so.... you guys together again?" he asked

"well.... maybe i guess? Secretly??" i said smiling wierdly

"Okay... Maybe you guyes are doing it to "publicly" that's great, " he said

"right, i haven't asked you about Tsireya yet" i said to him

"you want to know her?" he asked

"yeah, why not" i said to him

"well she is- the chief's daughter in metkayina awat'lu clan. She have a brother called Ao'nung who was a total freak by the way. She is also... the most beautiful women i ever met, very kind and understanding. She taught me how to swim and hold my breath while I'm living there."