chapter 11:

I noticed that Neteyam had been avoiding me for a few days. It hurts even more to understand why he did that in the first place. But his attitude also changed, not just to me but to everyone.

He's just not the Neteyam I know.

Like there was a time when Neteyam was just done patrolling and Tuk was very worried about him so she decided to follow his brother and help him. Usually, he would give his attention to Tuk but this time he was very very annoyed.

"Tuk, Can you just not keep bothering me?!" He shouts loudly

He was shouting in front of everyone, and after that, he left off doing whatever he was going to do. Even I saw what happened there. I saw Tuk was on the verge of crying so I went there and comforted her. I just don't understand, why would he do that to his own family.

There was also a time when he rebelled against his father. Even Jake himself was shocked about this since he never even once did that without a reason.

Whenever there is a family meeting he would keep on complaining and say "Seriously? I'm tired, could we just not do it today?" But the family forced him to stay anyway. When Neytiri tried to ask, he always said "nothing" and eventually went away.

He also often gets drunk and constantly gets emotional at the younglings who he teaches. He acts like a literal child, he acts more like Lo'ak than Lo'ak himself now.

It's been days, I just couldn't take it anymore. I don't understand why he acted like this. So, I decided to ask him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neteyam was drinking with his friend. I walk up to him and confront him.

"we need to talk" i said to him

"oh look who decided to show up" he laughs with his friends.

I bit my cheek from the inside.

"you don't want to embarrass yourself don't you?" I said tilting my head while crossing my arms on my chess confidently.

"fine" he rolled his eyes as he walks where i lead him to. We walked to the river, the first place he bought me to.

It used to filled with joy and warmth but tonight, the atmosphere felt heavy and tense. His gaze felt distant and his expression unreadable. The warmth that had once radiated from him seemed to have dissipated, replaced by an icy reserve.

"Neteyam," I began, my voice laced with concern.

"you better speak quickly" he said leaning on a tree nearby

"what's wrong with you Neteyam? you just... your not yourself anymore" i asked

Neteyam's response was curt, lacking his usual warmth. "nothing"

"Neteyam. Don't lie to me. Everyone can see it clearly, something is bothering you" I said

"What else Adita?! I loved you! You were my Adita! My beautiful Lortsyal! and then you left me making me all worried-, and when i just got you back you're already somebody else's. Can't I be mad?!" he said tears starting to sweal on his eyes.

" i never said you can't be mad, just that your attitude to other people, You can't just throw your tantrum on other people" i said trying to cupped his face.

"Am I, Adita? you know what? FINE! you are nobody to me too, so why should you care?" he ask swatting my hand away and walks away.

I watched him go, a mix of frustration, sadness, and guilt washing over me. So i run chase over him as I took of my mask and take his hand pulling him to kiss him on the lips he pulled me in as close as he could to him and kiss me like there was no tomorrow for him as his hands roam across my shoulder and my back.

After a while i gently push him, again. Panting around while being out of breath.

"because i love you too" i said with a sad expression cupping his face.

"I'm tired Adita, about everything. About trying to be the best, mature, and being perfect. Since I was a child I tried to live up ny father. I just want to be appreciated and... I just don't know anymore, I don't-" he said feeling frustrated while holding me tightly

"I understand, It's alright Neteyam" i tried to comfort him by hugging him as he place his face on my neck on the shoulder. Feeling his tears pouring down as his breath hitches. He cried and groaned as if he were in pain, clutching me closer refusing to create any space in between of us.

"everything is going to be fine" i hushed him gently rubbing his head.

"I'm so sorry, my lortsyal" he said in between of his cry

"it's alright Neteyam, it's alright" i said assuring him finally understand what he felt all along.

"will you be going back to your clan again? will you leave me-" he said but i cut him off

"neteyam, my heart will always forever be yours, no one else, no one else" i said

"but you will re-" he cried but i hushed him

After a while he calmed down, his cries only turns to hiccups now. He looks like a little puppy who just got scold on, it makes me smile.

We decided to sleep together. NOT IN THAT CONTEXT, just cuddling and hugging each other very very tightly. We wrapped and holding each other and joked a little until we slowly fell asleep together.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day when we walk back to the village, everybody's gaze were on us. Neteyam just looks on the ground while his ear lowers down and his hand holding my hand very tightly.

When Neteyam went back, he apologized to his family. It was hard for him but he went through it normally.

Thank you for reading! I hope you like this chapter, it's rather short tho :)