Chapter Twenty

Dante

"Athene?" I ask to make sure she has her full attention on what I'm about to say. She takes my hand and holds it while on her lap.

"I need to know."

"Know what?" She asks, looking at my hands.

"About the number Athene." her head shoots up and her eyes meet mine a second before jumping off the bed. "No. You don't need to know."

"Yes I do"

"Why? There's no reason why you need to know. So just drop it."

She grabs her towel and heads to the bathroom for a very very long shower. I knock on the door and she opens it hurriedly.

"Did you hear that?" She asks in a tremulous voice and before I could ask any questions I hear a crash downstairs.

Athene quickly puts on a robe and rushes downstairs behind me. We reach the kitchen and see pots and pans on the floor.

"I'm sorry sir I didn't mean to make such noise. I will clean up as quickly as I can." the girl asks. She has a Russian accent, I didn't think we had any Russian maids. Madre must have hired one. I will ask her about it later.

I nod my head at her and she starts picking up the pots and pans.

While heading up I could tell something was up with Athene. When we enter the room I quickly ask "What?" She turns around and looks at me in confusion. I nod my head towards the door.

"She looks familiar and it was just off."

"What do you mean?"

"When we walked in, a pan dropped while the rest were on the floor. And the girl only started cleaning up after we got there so unless she was cooking this late then why the hell did she have a pot in her hand?" I nod my head and walk slowly to her. I wrap my arms around her waist and she puts hers around my neck.

"Tell me" I demand. She tries to push away but it only makes me hold her tighter.

"No." She states annoyed and breaks out of my arms then goes to the bed. She puts her arms on her head and holds her head up with her hands. I sit on the ottoman and we both sink into the silence.

I don't want to force her to speak but I need to know. Those messages have been stuck in my head and I need his blood on my hands to protect them.

Anyone who dares threaten them will threaten the mafia don of the most powerful Italian mafia and no one who threatens me goes around walking and breathing.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and she sits behind me. I turn around and grab her leg pulling her onto my lap. Her hand goes to my cheek and she kisses me softly.

I stand up holding her in my arms. "Let's go to bed." she nods her head and we lay down getting comfortable in each other's embrace.

I'll drop it but only for a little. For now, our only worry is the party and my monster of a mother when she's planning one.

The next day~~~

Athene

"White or red rose?" Valentina asks Dante. She told me to call her that but it sounds weird cause I said, Mrs.Black and Dante's mom too much. I'll still say her first name anyways.

"Dante!"

"What?" she takes a deep breath and fully faces her son. "If you don't get out of my face right now I will stab you with my pen." I laugh and he raises a brow at me. "Really" I kiss his cheek and wave at him "bye-bye"