My Best Man

angst and hinted smut...

CW: Relationship affair

Byakuya PoV

Today is my wedding to my fiancée and I do not want to be here.

I stare at myself in the mirror, brushing my hair for the millionth time, and then, my best man walks in.

"Hey." He smiles, although a sad one.

"Hello." I spun on my chair, facing him.

"I... I can't believe you're getting married, man." His sad smile grows wider.

"Don't." I say. "Don't pretend to be happy. We're alone."

He sighs, sitting on a spare chair.

"I don't know if I meant it in a good way..." He mumbled. "We only broke up like a month ago."

I chuckled. "Yes, well, that's what I get for being gay, I suppose."

He chuckles. "Yeah, I guess so."

Looking up at me, he asks a question. "Does she know?"

"About me being gay?"

"Well, that, and that we were dating last month, and you're not a virgin." He winked.

I smiled slightly. I always feel better around him. "Heh... she knows I'm gay, but she's saying that I'm lying to myself and blah blah and all of that homophobic bullshit but... yeah. She knows that we were dating, and she thinks I'm a virgin."

"Jeez. Does she even want me to be here?"

"Pfft, you're kidding me, right? She screamed at me last night because she found out I was still inviting you."

He shrugs. "Serves her right for taking you from me. We were together for 2 years, and we had more of a chance to get married than you both ever did." 

He sighs, leaning forward, and puts his head in his hands.

"Can you tell I miss you, Byakuya?" He smiles sadly again.

"I do too, Makoto." I frowned. "I feel so much better around you than I do with her. But I promise I'll come back some day. I promise you."

I hold my pinky out, a tradition from when we used to date.

He locked his with mine.

Makoto stands up, walking closer to me, looking at his suit in the mirror.

"I feel like the groom." He laughed.

"Yeah, I put forward that the maid of honour and the best man has some white in their outfit."

"Jeez, that's how much you hate her?" He laughed.

"Oh, yeah, she was furious, but anything to marry into wealth, I suppose." I shrugged. "At the end of the day, I don't care."

I looked at him, and instincts took over, grabbing him by the waist and pulling him in to me.

"I wish you were my groom."

Makoto smiled, pushing the hair out of my face, and we leaned into a kiss. We kissed a few times before we heard the door begin to open.