Ch.2 Welcome To Beacon

Brisa's POV

Just outside of Beacon, a large and unnerving ship as it descends upon a landing pad. Two Bullheads fly by as swarms of people on the paths walk around Beacon.

Cyra: "Uh..guys? You may wanna take a look at this.."

We had gone back to the dorm room after the food fight to get cleaned up with the rest of the team when Cyra saw something outside the window.

Josh: "What is it?"

Me and the rest of my team began huddling up around the window Cyra is looking out of. Outside, me and the others saw a massive fleet of Atlas ships that had begun landing on Beacon.

Brisa: "Those look like Atlas ships, don't you guys think?"

Raiden: "Um... What are they doing here?"

Josh: "No clue. But I've been hearing about it, maybe they are brought here for the tournament as extra protection."

Brisa: "Yeah, maybe. But I guess we'll find out about it eventually."

Josh nodded at my statement and continues scrubbing out the food stains on his blazer.

Meanwhile, at the top of a tower veiled behind clouds, Ozpin and Glynda are seen through the window into Ozpin's office.

Glynda: "Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels."

Ozpin: "Well, running an academy and a military makes him a busy man."

Just then three more bullheads fly in.

Ozpin: "But yes, those are a bit of an eyesore."

A chirping beep sounds repeatedly. Ozpin turns to see a hollow message "Access Requested" on his desk.

Ozpin: "Come in."

Ozpin looks beyond his desk, facing the doors as they slide open to reveal General Ironwood. Ozpin approaches to greet him.

Ironwood: (cordially) "Ozpin!"

Ozpin stands at attention.

Ozpin: "Hello, General."

Ironwood: "Please, drop the formalities."

They both approach each other and shake hands as Glynda also approaches.

Ironwood: "It's been too long. And Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met."

Glynda: "Oh, James!"

She gives a personable wave and then literally drops all pleasantries.

Glynda: "I'll be outside."

With that, she begins walking away.

Ironwood: "Well, she hasn't changed a bit."

Ozpin: (As he turns to his desk...) "So, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas?"

He picks up a mug and a kettle, pouring as he speaks.

Ozpin: "Headmasters don't typically travel with their students, for the Vytal Festival."

He turns and offers the cup to Ironwood.

Ironwood: "Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year."

Ironwood then takes out a canteen from his inside coat pocket and pours its contents into his mug.

Ironwood: "Besides, with you hosting, I thought that this might be a good opportunity for us to catch up."

Ozpin walks around to his desk, kettle and a new mug in hand. He sits down and pours himself some hot chocolate.

Ozpin: "I can certainly appreciate the quality time between friends, however, a small fleet outside my window has me concerned."