Ch.7 Dance Dance

3rd Pov

The night was going really well. Random students schmoozing at the dance, Bartholomew Oobleck is listening intently as Peter Port laughs over some unheard anecdote. Ozpin is standing off to the side with Glynda Goodwitch until General James Ironwood offers his hand for her to dance with him. Josh asks a question Cyra, who is eating a cupcake she got from the buffet table. Josh crosses his arms against his chest as Cyra chokes on her cupcake and promptly goes crossed-eyed for a moment as she blushes at the questions in utter shock.

Cyra: "Wh-Wha... W-why you asking--"

Raiden: "Leave her be J."

They turned towards the sound of the voice to find Raiden flying up to them in his mini bow tie and mini coat, before stopping right beside them.

Cyra: "It's ok Rai it just caught me off guard I guess."

Josh: "Sorry I was just curious I didn't mean to make you choke with my question but we know all Brisa will be way more curious than me."

Raiden: "Well that's true."

Cyra: "Where's Bri, by the way?"

Brisa: "Right here."

Brisa call out to them while slowly walking over to them.

Josh: "Oh hey Bri. I thought you were with Ruby?"

Brisa: "Oh well I was looking for Team BARK but Ruby... heh look over there."

Raiden chuckles as he turns his head behind him, looking into the crowd of dancing students.

Raiden: "See for yourself."

They all turned to where Raiden was looking, or more like laughing, to see Razor and Ruby slowly waltzing. The reason why Brisa and Raiden was laughing is that Ruby won't stop stepping on his toes for every 5 full seconds before stepping on them again. Razor wasn't really enjoying this as though a tear is about to make its way out of his sockets, much to his friends amusement.

Josh: "Haha, you don't see that every day."

Cyra: "I hope Razor doesn't get blisters on that..."

Raiden: "Indeed..."

Brisa: "You can say that again..."

Raiden: "Well, enjoy the rest of the night guys. I'm just going to fly around."

Josh: "I'll hang out with the girls for a bit."

(Really just want to hang out with his girl.)

Cyra: "Maybe, I'll just go get more cupcakes maybe there some cookies as well...."

Brisa: "I'm going to hang out with those two when they're done."

Brisa's Pov

With that, my three teammates went on to their separate ways. Meanwhile, when the final note in the music was stroked, Razor had finished dancing with Ruby and they both stepped off the dance floor as I started walking towards them. Razor looked over at Ruby, who looked clearly exhausted, and slightly bashful, obviously guilty for stepping on his toes almost all of the time.

Ruby: "I-I'm really, really sorry, Razor!"

Razor: "It's okay, Ruby. Really. It's not like I'm the best at dancing myself you kinda just got lucky."

When he mentioned this, her entire face went slightly red for a reason. She began shifting uncomfortably on her feet as she fiddles with her fingers in nervousness.

Ruby: "It's just that... I was just lost on how graceful and poise you are when you danced that it... it made me..."

Knowing what she meant he slightly laughed at her nervousness I walked up gently patting her on the head.