15. 6,000 Miles

"Is today really our last day on set together?" Lucy whined as she held Tim tight in the back of his black Lincoln Navigator.

He pressed a soft kiss to her forehead and replied, "We don't need to work together to see each other everyday. We're leaving tomorrow for Italy for our next adventure."

"I know, but I've loved this movie."

"Me, too."

"Can you believe it's coming out in like 3 months? That's when we'll find out if we're gonna do a second one."

"Don't get your hopes up too high, babe."

"I know." She could tell he was not only referring to a "Galactic Wars" sequel but also a 5th "Impossible Operation" movie. He pretended not to be bothered by the network's decision not to pursue the film, still she sensed it upset him.

"At the wrap party tonight, remember we have to take a good picture to post on social media."

"And I'm putting it in a frame at home. It's a big moment."

"You frame like every picture we've ever taken," he scoffed.

"I LIKE seeing our memories everywhere."

"At this rate, we're gonna run out of room on the walls before we even get married."

She stopped and stared at him. Did he really just say that? They had talked about marriage in a general sense before, but now she could visualize wearing a white dress and walking towards him down an aisle, referring to him as her "husband", growing old with him beside her...

"Lucy, in my mind, that's where we're headed. If you don't feel that way, we should talk about it."

"No, I...I want us to spend forever together...is it too soon to say that?"

"Maybe it would be too soon with anyone else, but this is different."

"So, what are you saying?"

He gave her a little frown as he mulled over what he wanted to say next. "I want to keep building a life with you. And if that means spending 6 months in Italy for your next movie, and I never act again, so be it."

"I don't want you to give up your career for me."

"It's not for you. It's for us."

"Tim..." she shook her head.

He cupped her cheek. "I want different things now. I'm allowed to change my mind about what I want to do with the rest of my life."

"You're practically 40! Isn't it a little late to switch career paths?"

"40 is the new 30, and I think I'd like being a stay at home dad."

"So, badass action movie star Tim Bradford is gonna hang up his motorcycle helmet and carpool kids to soccer practice?"

"Softball practice. I want our daughter to play softball."

"We're adopting a girl?"

"Absolutely!"

"But, I want a boy."

"So, we can adopt a boy and a girl."

"And a dog."

"Of course a dog," Tim agreed.

"I still wish it could be Kojo."

"We're about to spend half a year in Italy, Lucy. It's a little impractical to bring a dog with us."

"You'll have a lot of time to train him, and after a long day, I'll feel so much better with puppy cuddles."

"So, cuddling with me isn't enough for you?"