14. Happy Birthday, Mr. Bradford

Lucy always prided herself in giving the PERFECT gift to the people she cares about, so she called Jackson to request a little assistance with what she suspected would be the best birthday present Tim had ever received.

"So, your birthday's tomorrow," Lucy noted as Tim walked over to join her on the couch.

"I know, and before you ask, there's only one thing I want for my birthday," he gave her a sly look and wrapped a hand around her waist.

"Really? And what's that?"

"You."

"Me? I'm not a present."

"It is if I get to unwrap you," he smirked and bent down to kiss her neck.

"Tim," she chuckled and shut her eyes as his mouth traveled down to her collarbone.

Between kisses, he mumbled against her skin, "It's what I want for every birthday...and Christmas...and Valentine's Day...and Fourth of July...and Arbor Day..."

She couldn't help but let out a little laugh. "No one exchanges gifts on Arbor Day."

"Whatever," he murmured and sucked a little harder on the skin of where her collarbone met her shoulder just how she likes it.

"Hang on," she hated that she had to stop him, but he couldn't distract her from the point of this discussion.

"I promise even if I leave a mark this time, your costume will hide it," he assured and continued his purposeful nips and kisses on her skin while tugging at the neckline of the shirt she was wearing. It was one of those t shirts that WAS his, but she hadn't finished BORROWING it yet.

They learned the hard way that some of Tim and Lucy's hickeys were left in visible spots that had to be covered with makeup. Lucy had to have makeup covering her tattoos, so she didn't mind a little extra being applied on to cover the marks, but Tim always hated the coverup used on him, still, he didn't complain- he liked when Lucy got a little carried away.

"It's not that, babe," she tried to get his attention.

He groaned a little that he had to stop, because he could tell by the tone of her voice that she had something important to say.

"Please, don't throw me a party," he winced once he pulled his lips away from her skin to make eye contact.

"Of course not. I know you don't really like to celebrate your birthday."

"When your dad ruins it every year when you're growing up, you tend to hate the day."

"Which is why I want us to do something just the two of us."

"Yeah, a clothing optional something, right?"

She scoffed. "Part two of your present is a little something for our clothing optional time, but there's a part one."

"We can skip it." He licked his lips imagining what she bought to wear during this supposed "part two" and figured "part one" couldn't possibly compete.

"Not possible."

He sighed, not really interested in celebrating his birthday.

"I promise you'll love it," she guaranteed.

"Are you gonna tell me what it is or is it a surprise?"

"You hate surprises, which is why I want to tell you now. We're going to a Dodgers game tomorrow. After all, you can't love a girl who's never been to a baseball game." She repeated the words he said to her when he first blurted out that he loves her. It felt like forever ago but still a beloved memory she could never forget.