I Hate School Pt. 2

I just zoned out as I put my bass (a/n, Im a band kid, if i screw an orchestra thing up pls tell me so i don't next time) away. I thought about what I had next. Math next, then gym.

I was walking to math with Leo. He was talking my ear off. I just kept nodding and saying "yeah" or "uh huh" whenever so he didn't think I was mean. I pulled my phone out and checked my messages. A bunch of texts from old friends and family back in Texas. A bunch of text's asking me where I am or how my first day is going. I just slipped my phone back in my pocket.

Suddenly I felt Leo tug on my arm. "Huh?" I mumbled. "Dude, this is the class. Come on." I walked in and everyone just stared at me. I sat in the back next to Leo.

Finally the bell for fifth period rang. I bolted out of class next to Leo. "So, I have gym next. Who has that?" I asked him. "Percy, Annabeth, and Nico. They are just down those stairs and around the corner waiting for you." Leo said. I nodded and gave a slight wave. I stomped down the stairs. "There you are! Come on, this way." Percy says when I turn the corner. I nodded.

I walk into the gym with the others. Annabeth jogs over to the girls locker room, while I follow the others to the boys locker room. I didn't bring any clothes, so I just sat there while Percy and Nico changed.

"So, where are you from?" Annabeth asks. We were just standing in the corner during a dodgeball game. "Texas. It was so warm all year long. We had a farm with so many horses." I mumbled. "Wow." Nico says, his voice barely audible. I looked at him. He had brown eyes that were so dark, they looked black in bad light. His messy hair covered his forehead. He had a lot of small features. "Second time I ever heard you talk." I joked. He looked at me, and we locked eyes. "Haha." He said in annoyance. A ball rilled up to Annabeth and she threw it hard. Some person on the other side looked up at her and waved their arms like, 'Dude!'. She just shrugged and smiled. Percy gave her a small hand squeeze.

"I mean, if you don't eat the pasta, the lunch is pretty good here." Percy said as the four of us walked to lunch. "Everyone has lunch at the same time?" I asked. "Yep. You get to pick which of the two cafeterias you want."
"Woah."

After getting our food and sitting down, the others came over. One by one, Hazel, Piper, Frank, Reyna, Leo, Jason. "Hey Will." Piper said as she sat down next to me. "Hey Piper.""So how are you liking school so far?" She asked. "I like it, the teachers are okay and there are some pretty big lockers. You guys are all super nice." I said. They all started saying thank you or arguing about the locker comment.