Sister?

"Bye!" I said as I got into my moms car. "How was your playdate?" She asked. I rolled my eyes. "I'm 15, it's a hangout." I said. She laughed. "I know. But it's cute." She reached over and pinched my cheek. "Whatever." I laughed. The rest of the ride was silent.

"You like Calypso." Piper said at lunch. Leo was staring in her direction all lunch, and in classes, he had also been talking about her a lot recently. "Yeah, no shit." Leo said, finally looking back at us. "I could set you up. I used to be friends with her." Percy said. Annabeth looked down. "More than friends?" I asked. Okay, I don't know much about their childhoods, I wasn't there. But I'm not stupid. Percy blushed. "Well, there was almost something, I don't know." Annabeth laughed. "That never happened cause of Rachel though."
Percy got even more red. "We shared one awkward kiss. But then we were interrupted by Charlie, and nothing really happened. And then I got with you." Leo and Piper started 'oohing'. "Dang, you used to be quite the lady's man." I said.

"He didn't deserve them." Nico said. "Excuse me?" Percy said. "You clearly enjoy torturing girls." Nico said angrily. "Nico, not this. Please." Annabeth whined. "It's not my fault!" Nico said. "Hold up, what happened?" I asked. "Percy killed my sister!" Nico yelled. "I didn't kill her! It was a car accident! Blame the idiots on the road." Percy said. "What?" I said, but they were to busy yelling.

"What happened?" I whispered to Hazel, who was sitting next to me. "Percy and Bianca used to be really good friends. Percy was a year older, she was just 12. They were hanging out one time, and Percy was walking her home. Out of nowhere, a car started driving on the sidewalk super fast."

"I wouldn't of been able to escape that. If I could've, I would've and you know it!" By now Nico was crying, Percy was on the verge of crying, and everyone else was practically a statue. "Is everything okay over here?" A teacher said as she ran over. "Yeah, we're fine." Jason said. Hazel reached up and wiped the tears off of Nico's cheek. As soon as the teacher left, Nico got up and went to the bathroom.

"At least the person is in jail now." Piper said. Annabeth reached her arm around Percy. After about 5 minutes, I decided to go check on Nico.

"Nico? You in here?" I said. Everyone warned me that when he was thinking about his sister he wanted to be left alone. But he shouldn't be left alone, it's dangerous. "Nico?" I called again. I heard soft, but heavy breaths coming from behind me. I spun around and kneeled down. "What do you want Solace?" Nico said between tears. He was curled up in a ball under the sink. "Are you okay?" I reached out and laud my hand on his shoulder. "I'm fine." He mumbled. "I'm just making sure. How old were you?" He wiped away some tears and said, "I was 10." I scooted closer and wrapped him in a hug.

I looked at Nico, and thought of how to comfort him. I really couldn't think of anything, I didn't even know that much about him.

We stayed like that for who knows how long, until the bell rang. "Come on." I grabbed his hand and pulled him up. "Thank you." He mumbled. "Of course."

I realized in that moment, Nico had a lot of secrets. Not even his friends knew all of them. I decided right then and there, that I was gonna make it a priority to learn all of them.