The Bus

Will

I was standing outside in the cold waiting for my new bus. It was the first day at my new school. I had just moved to New York, and a new school sophomore year. I had said goodbye to all my friends, and my pets back on my parents farm. I said good bye to my family, my school. The house I grew up in. I soon heard the noise of a school bus, and it pulled me out of my thoughts. I tightened my grip on my backpack as the bus pulled up to my house.

When the doors opened, I unfortunately realized I was the fourth stop. There was this one boy, sitting alone, with dark hair and eyes. In the seat behind him, there was a smaller girl with big hair, who looked a bit younger than the boy. And the other person, was probably a year or two older than me, who had curly blonde hair and stormy gray eyes. The two girls were talking, a lot, and every few minutes they would tag in the boy. I didn't want to sit to far away from them, because I was lonely and needed some friends. They were in seat 4 and 5, so I decided to try and sit near the back. I sat down in seat 7 and put earbuds in.

The bus started moving, and I got lost in the music. At the next stop, I looked out the window to see  who the next person was. It looked like a scrawny boy, with chocolate hair and definitely Latino. As he got on the bus I saw him looking my way. Then I hear him call out, "Hey! You! Newbie?"
"My names Will," I say, taking my earbuds out. Then the bus driver calls out, "No Jason today, Leo?"
"Yeah, he's just looking for something real quick," Leo yells. And almost on cue, a tall boy with with glasses and shirt blonde hair comes on. He gives me a quick look and sits with the guy in front of the girls. "Guys! There's a newbie! Guys, meet Will. That's your name, right?" He whispered that last part to me. "Uh, yeah." I mumbled. "Hey! I'm Annabeth. This is Hazel, Jason, and Nico." The blonde girl pointed to each of them in turn, the girl next to her, the boy who just got on, and the black haired boy.

"What Jason?" He heard someone scream over a bit of laughter. "Leave Nico alone." Hazel said, trying to peek up over the seat. I still couldn't see the boy, Nico's head, but I could see the goofy grin from the back of Jason's head. "Wait! What happened?" Leo screamed. Finally, I could see Nico's face again. "I had my earbuds in so Jason stole my phone and started ticking me!" He yelled. "Calm down you guys!" The bus driver yells as we finally pull up to the next stop.

Everyone was incredibly quiet to while the next three kids got on. It looked like two younger boys, probably my age or younger. Then the third kid, who was tall and lean, looked a lot similar to the first two, just older. "Hey! You, I've never seen you in this route. What's your name?"
"Will. My names Will."
"You know what? I'm gonna call you Freckles. He have the Emo Gay, the Nerd, the Baby, the Dumb Blonde, and the Midget. And now Freckles of course. And that's only on the bus." He said walking away laughing.

Leo pops his head up over into my seat. "Well, now you've met most of our group. We're just missing a few people who live the next neighborhood over. But we get even crazier. And that is Octavian and his two little brothers. He is the bully." I looked back to see Octavian talking to the two younger boys. I look back at Leo just in time to see him fall down as the bus jerks to a stop. "How about you come sit with me?" Leo asks. I nod and get up real quick to sit with Leo. We talk the entire time until we get to school.