3. John ward x Reader

Requested by Fresh_concrete

Thank you so much for requesting (⁠っ⁠˘⁠з⁠(⁠˘⁠⌣⁠˘⁠ ⁠)

!!!!
¡¡¡¡

John jerked awake, letting out a loud scream that echoed through the house as he looked around frantically before he sighed in relief and sighed, feeling sweat drip down his face.

He then heard loud footsteps before his door opened quickly, a tired, but alert you in the door way.

John! I heard you scream, What happ..ened..—” The male in the doorway trailed off when he saw that the said male was alright and safe.

John looked at you and smiled nervously. He thought of an idea quickly, before setting on half-lying. “N-No, nothing happened, just a bad dream about one of my pets before, nothing new!”

You tilted your head. “John, You're half-lying.”

‘Goodness gracious.’ He sighed out mentally. ‘(___) and his lie detector..’

John inhaled deeply, before exhaling. “..Fine, It's true I did have a nightmare, but it's not about my pets..”

You smiled, seeing he told the truth. “Would you like to talk about it?”

John shook his head, and took the blanket off of his body, moving his legs off the bed and jumping down.

“S..Sorry, I don't wanna talk about it, at the moment..” He says, looking at the ground as he fumbled with his fingers nervously.

Silenced ensued the both of them for a moment. “Well, wanna look at the stars with me?”

John, at first, thought it was an odd request, he wasn't really the type to have enough time for star-gazing.

“Uh.. Y-You know I have to get ready in about 2 hours, right..?” Said John, who's shoulder's slumped as he thought more in-depth about his work.

“Nonsense,” The other male pouted as he placed hands on his hips. “There's always a time for everything.”

“Oh and uhh—” You leaned close to him and patted his cheek, making him blush a little.  “Stop thinking about work.”

You gave him a close eyed smile before you grabbed his wrist and dragged him out of his room, leading him outside of the house. He managed to grab his coat on the way, and no words of protest slipped out of his mouth, so you assumed he didn't mind the treatment.

After you were both outside, a strong gist of cold wind hit the both of you, making you shiver and rub your arms. “I d-didn't know outside would be t-this c..cold..”

John glanced at his friend in worry, before sliding the coat off of his shoulders and onto his two hands, opening the coat like a warm embrace; He draped the warm coat over the taller male, who looked at him in surprise.