6. John ward x Reader

Requested by: ellowritez

I don't have ADHD so I don't have an experience for something like this, Hopefully this is enough or good enough atleast! (⁠´⁠-⁠﹏⁠-⁠'⁠;⁠)

Trigger warnings:
-Anxiety attack
-Religious trauma
-Seperation issues (just actions)

!!!!
¡¡¡¡

[Dream]—

“JOHN!” I screamed in worry, reaching a hand out for him as I tried to squirm my way out of the demon's grasp, who had taken me hostage and was making me watch all of this.

(___), Don't worry, I'll help you out, I promise!” I heard John respond, his figure was completely covered by the demon he was facing so all I relied on were his words.

I didn't trust his promise one bit.

How am I supposed to know you won't forget about me!? ” I asked, tears flowing down from my eyes unconsciously.

Once I said that, I felt time stop for a moment before I blacked out, my eyes opening not too long after.

S E E  ?   H E   C O M P L E T E L Y  
F O R G O T  ! ” The demon right next to my ear cackled, pointing towards John, who didn't look back as he left the church.

H E   T H O U G H T   Y O U   W E R E
D E A D  ! ” The demon continued, a loud maniacal laugh coming out of it.

I didn't do anything to resist as the demon took out a knife.

I was too focused watching the love of my life leave me to die.

I   A M   N O T   T H A T   E V I L ,   S O 
I ’ L L   J U S T   K I L L   Y O U
I M M E D I A T E L Y . ” The demon huffed, and I felt a searing hot pain in my throat.

—!

No words came out of my mouth as I jolt up, breathing heavily as I gripped a fistful of the bedsheet in panic.

I quietly but quickly left the bed, my thoughts were rampant and couldn't decide on what to think of, as I unwillingly grabbed a book.

It was a thick one at that, and when I looked at it, I froze.

A Bible.

I slid down the wall and onto the ground, my eyes trained on the bible. I hugged the bible close to me and rocked back in forth in the corner, tears flowing out of my eyes.

‘How many times has this happened before?’ A thought said, but it was too overwhelmed by white noise that I couldn't hear it.

Lord, don't leave me alone, only you would stay by my side, only you would keep me safe, only you are here..” I muttered silently, bringing my knees up which made the bible come close to me even more.

I continued like this for how many minutes, maybe hours, that I didn't even notice the door open.

All I could hear was white noise, nothing else. My eyes were tightly shut so that I couldn't see what was coming for me and I was accepting my fate.

A hand touched my shoulder making me flinch and slap the hand away, accidentally opening my eyes.

I realized the hand came from John, who had an extremely concerned look in his face, making me flinch again.

“J-Joh-n-n!” I hiccuped, scrambling to hug him immediately as I clung onto him for dear life, the bible on me falling to the floor with a soft thud. “H-Help m-me, I-I'm scar-red, I d-don't wa-ant you t-to Lea-ve!”

(Please remember you were crying for hours and that means hiccups. You can't say a single thing right cause of hiccups. Do not call reader a pick me (⁠´⁠°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥⁠ω⁠°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥⁠`⁠))

John looked down on the bible and sat on the ground, hugging me back just as tightly as I was

I'm here, Nothing will hurt you.” John says softly, pressing a kiss on my forehead. “I will keep you safe, and I'll stay by your side.”

I started shaking and wept more, my grip on his shoulders tightening a bit which made him let out a silent ‘ow—’

He sighed, before responding with the same soft tone. “How can I help? Do you want me to stay here or do you want to talk about it? Take your time dear.”

I hiccuped again, my crying probably won't stop after a while. “J.. Just.. S-Stay..”

John nodded with a small smile and tightened his embrace, combing his hand gently in my hair and softly massaging my scalp, making me sleepy.

“..Thank you..” I managed to say before I was dragged willingly into unconsciousness.

!!!!
¡¡¡¡

{835 words.}

Sorry I didn't respond, I just wanted to surprise who's request I wanted to do, sorry (⁠・ั⁠ω⁠・ั⁠)

Also another sorry that it's only one artwork for now (⁠ ⁠≧⁠Д⁠≦⁠)

End.