1-Stranger Waking ✮

—❥
You hear a crackling noise, like some sort of fire burning outside... You slowly drift back to consciousness and awaken yourself. Your eyes squint open.

(What's that noise? Is it morning already?) You think to yourself, you hear a raspy voice booming in a room away from where you were, although, it sounds like they're trying to whisper. Key word: trying. It takes you a moment to realize that you are not in your room, you seem to be encased in some sort of... box? The cold metal rubs against your hands as you try to find the opening. The feeling of it makes you realize that this is NOT a dream, this is reality. You look down and realize, you're not in your nightgown that you went to sleep in, from what you can make out, it's a robe. Once you locate the lid of this box, you push as hard as you can but it's no use.

(Urgh... C'mon lid, budge..! Please!) You keep on shoving the lid but it doesn't work... You were so focused on taking the lid off that you completely forgot about the other voice in the room. That is, until it spoke once again.

"I better hurry up and find that uniform before someone spots me... Urgggh... This lid weighs a ton! Try this on for size! Mya-ha!"

(That doesn't sound like a friend. Wait... 'Mya-ha'? Is it a cat? And is it talking to someone?) You feel that you have to get out of there with an even bigger urgency. There's some cat thing, from what you can guess, that's outside and trying to hide from some people. And it's trying to open your lid! ...Or some other lid... Maybe there's other people stuck in boxes? There's also a slight chance it's talking with someone else? You were about to call for help when you were interrupted by... fire?!

(BWAAAH?! F-fire?!) You say your last goodbyes to everyone and everything you love. You're ready to face your fate, however instead of your body becoming charred, the lid of your box fell off.

"Now to grab the goods... What?! You ain't supposed to be awake!" You look at your now opened lid. Your gaze shifts between the floating cat creature in front of you and the room that you are now in. Around you is a magical room full of... floating coffins? Pearls and chandeliers are hung from the top of the room. And there's that mirror that your friend gave you!

(F-floating coffins?! Am I dead? Am I in hell?!) Your mind screams in fear as you see the floating coffins and the eerie green lights and dark atmosphere of the room. You would've thought it was a dream since the exact mirror your friend gave you was in the middle of the room but you could feel everything, you even dug your fingernails in the palm of your hand to see if you could feel anything. You jump out of your coffin to look around the room, you see the lid that has now been blown off, you see a little key hole. That's why it wouldn't open!

(Alright let's asses the situation. I was sleeping in my room with the mirror, I awoke in a coffin that's lid got blown off by a floating cat creature. I'm in a eerie room with the mirror that my friend gave me and this is NOT a dream. I'm gonna pass out...) Your gaze focuses on the creature in front of you. A floating gray cat? And it was just talking!

"A t-talking... cat?!" You stutter out, you tried to keep it to thoughts only but the words just fell right out of you. You instantly regret saying that out loud as it's face instantly tenses up and it yells at you.

"How... How DARE YOU! I am no CAT! I'm Grim, sorcerer extraordinaire!"

(Did it just say sorcerer? There's flames coming out of its ears and it's floating! Have I been transported into some sort of fantasy world??) You're freaking out, from all the fantasy books you've read, there's a little too much adventure to your liking...

"Tch. Whatever. You... human! Just gimme your uniform, and be quick about it! 'Cause if you don't... you're gonna regret it!" Flames erupt from him as he flails around his arms. The heat surrounds you and you feel cornered. You look down at your so called 'uniform'. A beautifully made purple robe and hood laced with golden patterns. It's a little to big for you and if there wasn't a small golden belt in the middle of it, you'd look like a box. The silky smooth feeling of the robe against your skin would have been therapeutic for you if it weren't for the fact that you were being threatened to give it to a cat that called itself a great sorcerer. One wrong move and you're dead. You didn't have any option other than to call for help.