10-Mutual Aggression ✮

—❥
"Unlike some piddling weasel and some goody two shoes girl."

(Excuse me?!) You instantly turn your head towards him. To be fair, you knew something was coming, you just didn't expect this. Neither did Grim.

"Myah?!" Grim jumps back in shock, the flames in his ears grow in size. He's obviously mad.

Suddenly, Ace bursts out into laughter, "Pfft... Ah ha ha! I can't hold it back anymore! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Come on, you're the ones who turned orientation into such a fiasco, right? The one summoned by the Dark Mirror who can't even use magic, and the monster no one summoned at all. It took everything I had not to burst into laughter right in the middle of the ceremony!" You just stand there in utter disbelief.

(I feel like the entrance ceremony is going to haunt me for a while...) You start to internally cry and you start questioning your life. (Why did this happen to me.)

Meanwhile, Grim is here trying to fight for his dignity, "H-hey! You don't gotta be a jerk about it!"

"So in the end, neither of you got admitted and now you're janitors? Ah ha ha! SO lame!" Ace continues to insult you both.

You clench your fists and grit your teeth. (The nerve of this guy!)

"What did you just call me?!" Grim's face scrunches up in anger as he yells at Ace.

"You know what's really lame, Ace? That you, a student here, has nothing better to do with his life at this 'prestigious school' so he goes and insults the people who are gonna keep this school clean. Honestly, I think that's the lame thing here." You throw back at him with much scorn in your voice. You glare daggers into him.

He looks shocked that this girl that he thought was a 'goody two shoes' actually has some bite to her. He ignores you and avoids your gaze and focuses straight on Grim. "And you're so clueless you don't even know who the Great Seven are. Not a one of them! Maybe before you try getting into the academy again, you ought to take a second crack at kindergarten? Ah ha ha ha ha!"

"Grrrrr..." Grim's eyes burn with a fire that you haven't seen before.

"Ok Grim, let's just calm down... There's no need to get agitated over people like him..." You try to calm Grim down, not sure it's super effective.

Ace just continues, "Anyway, just thought I'd tease you a bit. And man am I glad I did. It's been a blast! And to answer your sad excuse of a comeback (Y/N), I actually have classes to go to, unlike you, so I'll let you get back to picking up trash. Bye!" As he starts to slowly walk away, you feel so much rage filling up your body.

But even more, you feel concerned that Grim is about to do something rash. And you are right. "Myuh-uh! You ain't walkin' away from me! It's too late for that!" Grim starts to charge up energy to fire a blast.

"Grim, NO!" You yell out and you try to run to stop him but you're too late.

"Myaaaaah!" A ring of fire surrounds Ace and Grim leaving you trapped outside of it. You lose your balance and stumble back in shock.

Ace turns around in shock and swiftly avoids getting burnt to a crisp. "Woah!"

"No one makes fun of Grim, Master of Fire! Im gonna make that explodey-head of yours explode all over again!" Grim smirks as he challenges Ace to a duel.

Ace obviously takes offence to Grim's comment."Explodey-head?! You wanna throw down with me, shorty? You got some guts. You wanna talk hair, huh? I'm gonna shave you like a toy poodle!"

"Myaaaaah!" Grim fires a large fireball towards Grim and the ring around them grows bigger and hotter.

Ace shields himself with a wind spell and directs that wind back to Grim. "Oh-ho! How do you like that?"