2.

The door hit the wood of the inner funeral parlor. With strength a er crashing sound appeared with ease. Bright light met the darkest corners of the building.

A light smile placed on your face as the light reflected in a mirror.

"Y/n!" someone exclaimed, you shrieked back. You recognised this familiar person— it was non other than your best friend. Almost falling on the ground. But in a meaningful momenty you catched your balance.

You sighed, looking at her in relief.

Her eyes grew excite, filled with much passion. There was an expectation from you that she'd say something along the lines of a new interesting case.

"We have another customer- can you help me perhaps?" A question. A request perhaps? No, that was definitely something, which was said to function as a excuse to spend time with her— you.

One which certainly would drip through your mind into your heart. And let you grow soft, because.. after all that was always the case.

From different scenarios it always went out like this. No matter which one.

You turned around, feeling the light of the whole the person you were busy glancing at was the brunette with the red orbs. A pair that was filled with determination. A very diligent soul indeed after all.

Hu Tao kept letting you steal her attention. Which was she thought to be a good idea to get a support. Why not take a second eyes and ears with her?

As the sun rose in the day— she had came across that idea, but there was no one available.

For a matter of facts, sadly Zhongli was out of house making his preparations for another contract between the funeral parlor and another buisness. This was rather important for the buisness. Which wasn't public information, but the young director knew. After all it was a business secret.

She was in fact the one holding that information below the grounds of mortals. She was aware of many things, but instructed him as well to get that done. Especially as he'd be a great choose for the chore.

The brunette looked over to her best friend. One moment was enough to show gratitude. Giving her that one expression— you smiled back at her innocently. Something frooze in her from that reaction and she blushed madly. Somehow not being able to control it— at all.

Nothing about that screamed, 'I can manage it.'

The fact such a small gesture gave her already the situation of feeling flustered was a record. Somehow at this thought there grew more embarrassment. Her cheeks more than filled with the colors of roses. The blood wouldn't stop building up, to make her blush. She felt flustered that she got red this easily. This whole thing— new one actually.

Falling deep into thoughts, she didn't notice how you came over. Daydreaming and mixing it with reminiscing over a day she somehow had kept safe and sound.

You sneaked up to her with intentions unknown to her. Noticing on her facial expression how absent she obviously had been for the past minute. The opportunity surely wouldn't br waisted by simply not paying revenge for all these jump scares the brunette gave you. Grabbing her shoulders lightly and shouting "BOO!"

"AHH-" she jumped, feeling her heart rate go higher than before. Clenching her hand on her chest where her heart was at. Breathing heavily whike trying to recover from the shock.

She turned around to see the laughter of her best friend. Looking at her blank, "seriously?" she asked. Soon the inches of her lips curled into a smile. Swallowing any gray emotion towards that prank. It was funny in the aftermath after all.

She faced you, her heart skipping another beat. You leaned in to her. "So who is the victim of your buisness today, director." you whispered teasing. The certain word emphasized, made her feel intimidated. A shiver running down the spine, while her skin felt as if ice grew on it. Her mind grew blank for a second.

A expression she never discovered before on you. Some that was not known to her. A spark of curiosity was hoping to see it once again. Somehow that was enough to keep her going.

The shocked face got replaced by a smile as fast as it came. One that felt sweet, like a day anyone wishes to have, like a child who received a present on Christmas.

The feeling was one she'd welcome to exist once again. "Uh you know.." she trailed off, avoiding the gaze of you. Additionally taking your hand in the blink of an eye. A smile was placed on the lips while the most colorful expression sat in her eyes.

"..I'll tell ya on the way!" she exclaimed. Pulling you by grabbing your hand. She went forward and had a certain speed with her walk. Yet this hokding hands— was comforting. She catched herself looking at you, more than a few times. But the most significant one was when she started walking with you. Her eyes were full of hope and joy. One which you didn't want to destroy. But it'd be the case anyway at some point.

Happiness wasn't eternal.

The grip was strong, but gentle and warm. It felt familiar and safe.

Her hands never left in the slightest of the way it was. In fact holding your hand was maintained from the brunette through the entirety of the walk. Only when she arrived along with you at the destination- she let go, hesitating for quite a bit.

"Hello." A woman with a soft spoken tone greeted. Her skin seemed like it was slowly loosing it's strength, her body basically loosing any inch of what it used to be, but yet even if the physical attributes were deceiving, the characters traits were still brighter than before.

"We're here to organise the paperwork and other things for the future funeral." you smiled, trying your best to sound polite. You had observed Hu Tao for quite a while. And you picked uk by yourself how to - not react and how to react - precisely it were months filled with many events of customers having a cheerful, but "weird" experience with the services in their own words.

What they didn't knew that all that cheerfulness was so that all of the sad and depressing goodbyes, departings and what not wouldn't touch her then as easily. As it was her healthy way of remaining distance towards it.

In the end definitely a good choice. There was no more doubt to be found in the brain.

"Oh well.. I can't get them early enough can I?" she chuckled. A pleasant look was planted on her face as she faced the two. Both of you looking at each other for a second- almost having an intense moment where they'd forget that they had a 3rd person standing over there.

Blushing slightly as the brunette noticed and returned back from her daydreaming into reality.

"That's true.." Hu tao laughed, looking away. Actually hiding her emotions behind that easy drawn smile upon her face. There was never a early enough indeed.

——✧・゚: ★,。・::・゚☆
RAINEE's NOTE;
aw<3!! a few people read this I'm so happy some are interested in what I'm writing out