4.

Another beautiful day had passed, the sun was slowly descending into the horizon. Where the colors met from the most diverse range. The nature had taken a quiet turn. Only a couple of birds where singing their songs before falling peacefully into the lands of dreams. There wasn't much to discover anymore.

There was nothing and no one that disturbed the quietness in the envoirement. Only the walk and you.

The flowers around Liyue Harbor that you loved. All kinds of flowers  they reminded you of piece.

There were no thoughts, no voices, no other present people that were talking and it was quite nice after a long day. The wind kept lightly brushing your skin. A cool breeze that wasn't on a mountain, was gone when you thought about someone.

In that moment you we're interrupted. A voice called after you, pulling you back into reality. While that, the person faded of your mind.

"Hi!" a voice boomed through the streets. This was followed by two dark blue haired characters who tried to follow up to you.

The two young adults you counted into your circle of friends.

One of them being a young talented cook who was willing to try anything new to find individual recipes, Xiangling. She was always listening to anything you had to say, on the verge of to anything. She would often comfort you by eating with you, your favourite dish. She was a friend which you'd see once in a while and it would be certainly worth it as the time spent together was great.

Then there's the talented writer and swordsman who belonged to a well known family all through the harbor, Xinqiu. The young male was always good to crack a teasing joke with. And you both would end up giving the other good advice, which was beneficial. Especially as he'd have some personal feelings he found himself troubled with sorting in.

The male peeked over your shoulder with curiosity filled in his eyes. "And anything special that has happened?" he teased, with a malicious smile. You shook your head, not thinking of anything sort of special happening.

From recalling what happened— at least out of your perspective there was nothing close to bone breaking news.

The young adult let a slight sigh out. His eyes fell on the dark haired girl, she gave him the same look he threw at her. A look of expectations falling down the drain. Slowly flowing below the surface.

"Really nothing?" she asked curious, eyeing the elderly woman who sold some things near the fountain. There was a close thing to intuition that was in the wind that hypnotised her to question if you were really alright.

You frowned, "no nothing, the day was just exhausting.." A smile that felt awkward cracked. The immeasurable weight that you had been carrying before disappeared from you. The concern of your friends was enough for that.

Over Xiangling's happy expression there was almost a hint of disappointment.

There was definitely something that was kept back. That bothered her, that there was a emotion that made you this seemingly vulnerable.

Suddenly she cheered up, smiling the brightest. A honey pie was to be compared with its way that it was shinning. She poked you gently in the arm, "common, cheer up! I got something ready for you." she smiled. You lightened up, and a sight of relief went over the face of the young adults.

They always would say something along the line, "cheer up!" or "I got a good joke for you, a customer said", maybe even, "would you like to hear about the tale of this particular book I read."

Somehow it worked and the plain afternoon would turn into a evening filled with smiles and laughter.

In the next moment all of you settled down in the buisness Xiangling and her father had. The Wanmin Restaurant— speaking of family, Gouba wasn't far away. The former stove god was very enthusiastically working at the oven. Chef Mao wasn't far off either he watched Gouba from afar.

His eyes did not slip of him. Mainly as he could possibly cause a fire by accident, despite putting the major of his trust in the smaller companion.

"Look— a new recipe," you glanced at her, giving a weak smile, she had her reasons why she gave you all of her new dishes to cost. Time wasn't gonna stop anyone. The dark haired female looked at you with a wide grin.

"Since you're one of my most loyal customers and I need a smile on your face as your giving me advice." She laughed, Guoba went ahead to hug Xiangling's leg as he noticed the return of one of his dearest companions and family members. He made a noise which you would usually call cute. Another stone that fell of your heart.

You took a few bites, feeling the food slowly how the aroma melt on your tongue. As always the food was able to deliver it's seasoning with the first bites.

There was a certain nostalgic feeling that followed as you remembered the first dish you tried at Xiangling's restaurant. You fell into thoughts, deep down into the dark. Where you started to space out.

Once you came back from it, you saw a expectation filled expression. It was Xiangling who was overly excited to hear your opinion.

"And?" she asked, her eyes sparkling. Brighter than ever, looking at you.

"It tastes great," you started, "the seasoning really does give the food a great leaving impression." you remarked.

A wide smile grew over her lips. Her eyes filled with sparks while you looked over to Xinqiu, who had given his approval as well of the taste it delivered.

"It really tastes great," the blue haired male agreed, you nodded proudly. Since words didnt come out as you were taking a futher bite. On another note, Xinqiu and you were the ones who were the most willing to try out the spicy food.

They made your heart feel content when you were reminded that it was making your friend smile the brightest when she heard you or others liked it. "You should try experimenting more!" you added up.

That certain compliment from her friends was a uplift, to dedicate in deepening her passion. She would not stop until her hands wouldn't let her fullfill her true joy anymore.

And that would only happen if the time came to say goodbye.

——✧・゚: ★,。・::・゚☆
RAINEE's NOTE;
I have problems with getting some of the chapters done 🧍‍♀️ there's no good idea's in my head </3