9.

After she bit her goodbyes to the boys with a happy smile she placed on her lips easily she we went on with Yan Fei. The two young females decided to take the walk together. As she continued it with the legal consultant, there was something she hadn't felt in a while. Comfort and warmth from another soul that wasn't Zhongli.

They had a close relationship. This perception we t this far that some often thought that they could be father and daughter. After all family wasn't defined all by blood.

"You seem like you're doing a bit better now?" she acknowledged with a questioning tone. The brunette nodded, gulping once and moving on from the topic. A hum forming her anwser verbal.

They continued and walked past the Bubu Pharmacy. Yan fei shrieked as Hu Tao suddenly gripped her arm and pulled her rapidly with her. In the blink of an eye the look of joy changed to annoyance as she looked after the shop. Yan Fei raised a brow at the abruptness of the action. She had an idea what the cause might could be. First she remained quiet waiting for the young director to say something or open up without pressure for her suspect to be confirmed.

"Agh I hate this guy.." The brunette exclaimed grumbling. She was  obviously avoiding to get unnecessarily upset, because of him. As the small pond reflected their characteristics she continues to rant. Her eyes fell on the water. Yam Fei looked after her. She watched the brunette lower her heasmd as she spoke. Her fists clenched. So much pressure at once from the built up anger that they turned slowly white.

"He's just— ah I hate him. He's so fake and, tries to exploit of Qiqi's immortality. Life and death need to be held in balance you can't just cheat yourself out of it." she lectured while the pink haired female listened she understood what importance that held to her. She placed her hand on Hu Tao's  shoulder. "That's such crap! You can't just cut your path of fate off!" she cursed loudly, sounding furious and out of herself. This was different from her sarcastic, humorous and joyful self.

This fact, that the young director was comfortable enough to express her negative thoughts  atound her. That was very appreciated by the legal consultant, more than she could show.

"Hey.. I understand. If anyone messes with the legal rules around here I'd be upset and annoyed too." she admitted, scratching her eckhart ad if she told a embarrassing thing about herself. They ended up sharing a light hearted laughter with the other.

Hu tao's eyes drew towards her opposite— the girl who began to grow on her. That she could imagine to be friends with eventually with time.

The brunette laughed, "common let's go! He's not worth my negative feelings." she snickered while Yan Fei had taken her hand to lead her up to the terrace. Her touch, the sensation, it was so warm. This feeling was nice, she used to be the one giving warmth. Being in the shoes of the opposite was quite nice. She couldn't lie about that.

A moment passed by in which Hu Tao was facing the terrace with her back. The young immortal had a face of surprise all over her face. This was recognizable at her eyes widening in surprise, the corners of her mouth suddenly turning down, leaving the smile behind it wore and her tensing up.

"Ningguang! Captain Beidou—" she exclaimed in surprise. Hu Tao frowned at the reaction. It took ner a second to process what just happened. She turned around slowly, her eyes finally revesling the same sight to her as the one her friend had. In shock she was taking a few steps back in the course of the suddenness.

"I— oh uhm sorry.. I didn't realize you two stood there earlier." She mumbled embarrassed whe stretching her neck. Her fingernails were this sharp that they left in the rush of feelings some light scratches behind.

The sun reflected in Ningguang's most precious golden accessories. "Oh no need to worry." she chuckled as she held her hand in front of her mouth. Her eyes similar to the color Hu Tao's— and oh her white hair, it looked so elegant and so silky. For a moment the young funeral director couldn't come up with a proper word out of her mouth. This was further embarrassing her deep down. Being taken away by the beauty of one of the most important figures in Liyue.

Yan Fei nudged her gently smiling. Bringing her back to reality with that in record time. The moment she was pulled out her attention wandered towards the honoful other person. She glanced at Beidou with admiration. She felt warm smile on her lips.. the devotion, the kindness with a hug portion of the word bravery.

"We came here for a matter." Ningguang addressed filling the silence in the place of anyone else. Hu Tao didn't know go to react as this could be ranging between anything and nothing at all.

She looks at them, "a matter hm?" she replied slightly joking.Her eyes fixated on the couple.

"Cut talking around Ningguang." she sighed. A smile smug soon on her lips as she leant closer to her. "you're making it more difficult fir all of us to comprehend, get to the point will ya." she muttered in her playful tone. The other woman didn't say anything ans stayed quiet, not falling for the antics of the captain.

Ningguang looked at Beidou with something in her eyes— was it o
passion? hope? desire of a wish?

"We'd like to ask something about Y/n." Beidou shot out. Ber brown hair moved slong gentle with the windscofvthe coast. She came right away to the point and didn't beat around it. This was surely a interesting revelation.

The younger female felt her heart skip a beat. This was— not expected. Her fire red eyes filled with much compassion and love. Her focus grew with her curiosity. What did she have to do with this? Her eyes straight on the captain. Interested in each word she was gonna leave her mouth now.

"We wish to honor her by making a boquette of her favourite flowers for lantern rite." Ningguang addressed, her tone held more sympathy in it compared to the usual when she was out for errands and important business.

Hu Tao looked at them, with joy mostly besides the tiny bit of it being so unexpected.

"Oh wow.. uh.." she stammered. Yan Fei put a smile on her face followed with this sweet gentle reassuring touch on her shoulder.

"Lycoris radiata or the red spider lily." she chuckled, "it's pretty, but ironic isn't it?" she giggles. "It stands for the final goodbye and death."