1.

Another fateful boring day passed like dust that disappeared in the wind. The heat present in the middle of the day was worse than dwelling in the dessert area for a minute.

The place where the most commotion seemeded to still come from at these hours was the lively funeral parlor. A bit to lively for one— or others taste certainly.

The brunette female long haired director jumped around in the presence of another woman. They were surrounded of happy emotions, that mirrored in each of their behaviours. She smiled at the attitude of her best friend.

All the euphoria laying in the air. Dancing around to make them move their limbs. A joyful atmosphere in other simple words.

Hu Tao wasn't a woman of many serious words when it was with you. She'd be sarcastic and often pulling pranks and jokes. Just not mentioning that one word— or rather precisely not sharing any way of making poems about death— as she was aware of your limited life spawn. And secretly you were dearer to her then you'd ever guess.

"Y/n!" she jumped, you turned around facing her with such soft smile it put her in pure joy while melting. The sight was there to be adored.

A humming noise came from her. "Are you gonna tell me another of your theories about Mr. Zhongli?" you snickered, leaving her pouting into the empty silence of the streets.

"No— but also yes." she mumbled defeated.

You laughed lightly, "Spit it out already," you demanded playfully. She looked at you, with a single expression.

Giving it a second to think as she moved her index finger onto her lips. "Who says you're not gonna laugh?" she asked, starring at you skeptical. You ended up cracking a smile, that made her heart skip a beat. She felt a tint of roses filling her cheeks with their colors.

Once she realized how sweet your laugh once again sounded, she gave in. The melody just being something she felt pulled towards. Something that simply made her mind race like it happened equally with her heart. A very shocking tension building up between all of her and gravity.

You looked at her, into her eyes. Not daring to get avert the gaze. She was feeling everything at once going through her head.

"Uh—" she stuttered, looking away, feeling like a blushing mess. "So anyways you know.." she started, her eyes avoiding any of your sight as much as possible.

The wind found its way with a breeze to her face. Stroking ot softly— like how she prayed your hand would one day. Snap out of it— that was what she needed to do.

She placed her hands on her thighs as she sat down. Holding her lips close to your ear. Leaning in to share that secret, "I figured out our dear employee Mr. Zhongli is possibly Rex lapis." she whispered to you.

Your eyes widened up followed by a shocked expression drawn over your face. Hu Tao knew that you were aware as well— of some things going on, but infact she was entirely certain you didn't think as far as her with her suspect.

A slight shock filled the room faster than lightning. While the confusion came as dark clouds over the sky on a sunny day with none in sight. The suddenness took you back which the brunette saw in your eyes.

"Did I shock ya or what~?" she smiled with a silly sinister tone underlining it.

You crossed your arms, backing away from her. Feeling somehow defeated about it.. Replacing your facial expression now with one that was obviously showing the feeling of skepticism. You started frowning, she watched you process the information which took its own while.

Her eyes filled with a slim glow. Happiness was what she preferred to call it.

"..Wait what he's..?" you repeated while consuming his name. The supression of it felt more than right as it felt wrong to associate the noble Mr. Zhongli with the highest God of their nation, the Geo Archon.

"Yep! It's not that big of a change in the suspect considering.. he does fit certain criteria..." she rambled, but soon trailed off.

Suddenly the door opened with a crack. Footsteps announcing someone's arrival. The girls turned their backs only to ket their gaze fall on the nice kowledgable gentleman.

"When you're speaking off the devil.." you muttered to yourself. Hu Tao only watched you, but snickered. The brunette watched the emotions in your eyes revolve into a chaos.

Hu tao stood up from the place where she sat beside you. "Hello Mr. Zhongli!" she greeted enthusiastically. Sounding as happy and cheerful as ever. He looked at her with a simple small smile while nodding.

"Hello Director, I wanted to get some last things before heading home." he greeted. His voice sounding rather monotonous. Hu Tao nodded looking at him.

From afar you looked at her interacting with him and against ten miles of wind you could smell some sarcastic snarky remark that would put a smile on your lips.

But, surprisingly nothing came. Almost feeling a bit upset about it as it was a habit of hers you really liked.

"Bye!" she said, turning back to you to give you her undivided attention. You threw her a smile.

She returned the favor gladly. Her red eyes looking innocently at you. She walked over and sat down beside you. Leaning onto your shoulder— "he's far away. what a shame~ now I have you all alone for myself." she remarked, you smiled at the comment of her.

For her it felt like when you're present, heaven is a place on earth.

"that's not to bad right?" you joked chuckling. That was music to her ears.

She smiled at you, "no it's really not that bad" a smirk that felt familiar came over her face. The butterflies that returned and the way you two were in the company of each other