Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Lan Wangji's Downfall

Lan Wangji stood somewhere at the Burial Mounds. At the same place where he fought 33 Gusu Lan Elders in his past life to protect the man that he love.

Once again, he defied them. Standing before a crowd of people yet the difference is that, all of the major clans had him surrounded.

One of them stood out the most in his eyes.

Wei Wuxian.

At least this time, Wangji is now sure that his soulmate won't have to go through immense suffering.

"Lan Zhan..." The said man heard him call his name. Eyes glistened with tears as he was torn to look at the very same purple eyes that kept him mesmerized day by day.

The Second Young Master Lan could hear a heavy plunge on the ground as the familiar voice of Sect Leader Nie entered his ear drums.

"Lan-Er Gonzi, you are now surrounded! There's no point in escaping anymore. Surrender now and you'll have a painless death!"

Countless people agreed almost immediately. Shouting curses and forcing him to surrender. Despite the chattering noises, he could hear his brother mutter the word, "didi..."

There was no need to force Lan Wangji.

It was well planned ever since he got back in his fifteen year old self. He already accomplished his goal. It's now time to finish the remaining job he had.

"I surrender." Lan Wangji voiced out, glancing at the shocked look on their faces.

His gaze stopped at Wei Wuxian who had his brows knitted and eyes burned red as tears threatened to fall.

If Lan Wangji was able to, he would be already wiping those away.

As the Lans were about to arrest him, he spoke once again. "However, I have a condition."

"And what may that be Lan-Er Gongzi?" Sect Leader Jiang asked. There's no harshness in his tone but a soft one.

The demonic cultivator looked towards the direction of a certain ravenette. "I want Wei Ying to kill me."

Everyone is confused and the young lad was in a dilemma. Wei Wuxian doesn't want to kill his own friend. Even if Lan Wangji often ignores him, he doesn't want him to die.

"Wei Ying," The Second Young Master of the Gusu Lan Sect called. "Have you forgotten what I said?"

Word by word, he repeated the same words he told Wei Ying when they fought against a thousand year old turtle.

"If I'm going to die, then it should be by your hands."

People urged Wei Wuxian to walk forward. Forcing him to choose to kill his own friend on the spot.

"Lan Zhan I can't..." This time, tears steaming down his face as he let out a painful expression.

He was already a meter in front of Lan Wangji when the man spoke once again.

"Can you take care of Bichen for me? The sword will be my parting gift for you."

Bichen was held in front of him. Wei Wuxian grabbed the pristine white sword with shaky hands and nodded at Lan Wangji.

"I'm sorry Lan Zhan..." He apologized.

Lan Wangji only smiled the widest he could ever muster. "There's no need for thank yous and sorrys between us."

Those were the last words of the Second Young Master Lan before he died a quick painless death.

-

:(