Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Rabbits

Wei Wuxian was currently laying down on the grass with a smile.

Small moving creatures hopping around his large form eased his mind as he thought of a memory of Lan Wangji.

He likes bunnies after all.

On his far left, a boy in white 'mourning' robes swung his wooden sword on a tree. "Hiya! Die tree!"

Wei Wuxian could only sympathize as he watched his little Wen Yuan abuse the thick tree trunk.

Poor tree...

He had to admit, Wen Yuan looks good in those robes. He could imagine him wearing the exact Gusu Lan Sect robes.

For a moment he could see Lan Wangji at him.

"Hiyaaa!" And the next moment Wen Yuan knocked his forehead on the sword. Thank heavens the blade wasn't sharp. "Ah! It hurts!"

Just...not that loud...

He wondered if his colors would also fit the cute little radish that he grew fond of.

The rabbit that has comforted itself on Wei Wuxian's chest, hopped off for the man to lift it up over his chest.

He recalled the time when he gifted Lan Wangji two male rabbits.

Wei Wuxian's face beamed after he climbed on the magnolia tree near the Library Pavillon's window.

"Lan Zhan, I'm back! Did you miss me? Huh? Without me copying texts for these past few days?"

Lan Wangji did not respond and continued to organize the books.

"I know, even if you don't say it, that you definitely missed me. Or else, earlier on, why did you look at me through the window?"

Wei Wuxian sat on the window sill as the Second Young Master Lan shot him a gaze full of accusations.

"Look at you, rising to the bait after just a few sentences. You're so easy to catch. This way, you won't be able to maintain your composure."

Lan Wangji, "You, leave."

"If I don't leave, will you throw me down?" Wei Wuxian asked before quickly adding, "Don't be so scary! I'm here to apologize by giving you a present."

Lan Wangji immediately refused.

"Are you sure?" Wei Wuxian fished out two rabbits from his robes and held them at their long ears.

"It's actually quite strange here. There aren't any pheasants, but there are lots of wild rabbits. They aren't even scared of people. What do you think? Aren't they fat? Do you want them?"

"..."

"Fine. If you don't want them, I'm gonna give them to other people. We aren't having much flavors in our mouths, anyways."

Wei Wuxian was about to hide the two snowballs under his robes when he was abruptly stopped.

"Who are you giving them to?" The white robed man asked.

Wei Wuxian answered, "I'm gonna give them to whoever's good at roasting rabbit meat."

"Killing is forbidden in the Cloud Recesses. It is the third rule on the Wall of Rules."

Wei Wuxian nodded, "Fine, then. I'll go down the mountain, kill it outside, and then bring it back to roast it. You don't want it, anyway, so why do you care so much about it?"

"..."

Lan WangJi spoke one word at a time, "Give. It. To. me."

Wei WuXian grinned, "Now you want it? Look at you-you're always like this."

The rabbits appear chubby and round. One chewed on lettuce while the other hopped around the table.

"Lan Zhan! Lan Zhan!" Wei Wuxian suddenly called.

"What?"

"Look at how one is on top of the other... Are they...?"

Lan Wangji stared at him in disbelief. "Both of these are male!"

"Male? How weird." The Yunmeng Jiang Head Disciple examined and confirmed."They really are male. Well, then, I didn't even finish my sentence. Why are you so stern? What were you thinking of? Now that I think about it, I was the one who caught them, and I didn't even notice whether they are male or female, but you even looked at their..."

Lan Wangji finally threw him down the Library Pavillon and Wei Wuxian fell down while laughing.

-

:)