Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Gusu Lan's Forehead Ribbon

Wei Wuxian shuffled in his seat. He was currently by the docks, eating Lotus Pods. With each seed that popped into his mouth, his head tilted sideways

When his eyes darted on the water, he spotted a dark silhouette swimming under water. He grinned and dived right in.

After a few seconds, his head popped up before his whole body emerged from the water. His hand trapped a struggling water ghoul.

"It's been a while since I caught one. Should have brought Jiang Cheng along to catch these creatures. Wait-No! That's my food!"

Wei Wuxian stabbed the water ghoul with his sword and stared at the now contaminated food.

He sighed and left the area, leaving the dead water ghoul to rot alone on the docks.

The Head Disciple of Yunmeng froze on his spot. His body grew stiff at the noise that slowly grew louder and louder.

Keep calm and love Lan Zhan. Yes! That's right. Keep calm. I'm only hallucinating. There are no wild raging beast running towards me.

He tried to think of it as a trick of a mind however it didn't last when his feet started sprinting.

"LAN ZHAAAN!! DOG! DOG! DOG! AHHH!! SAVE MEEE!!"

Along the way he accidentally hit a few stalls and a couple of passersby.

Every thirty seconds he looks back only to see dogs running after him.

"STOP FOLLOWING ME!! I'M NOT DELICIOUS!" He cried out.

Soon a hand snatched his wrist and twirled him around.

Wei Wuxian found himself standing behind a white clothed man. His back seemed familiar yet he couldn't pinpoint who.

The dogs that chased him stopped abruptly and growled only to whimper upon seeing the glare that directed towards them.

When the dogs retreated, the man glanced at the scared man. His face is impassive as ever.

Wei Wuxian widened his eyes. "Lan Zhan?"

"Lan Zhan you-" His mouth was covered by the other's palm as his forehead creases. His eyes stinged and tears welled up.

The Second Young Master Lan did not speak. Instead, he grabbed Wei Wuxian's hand and dragged him back to Lotus Pier.

"Lan Zhan wait! You cannot enter there! They will recognize you! Wha-"

Lan Wangji carried him bridal style before hopping over the wall.

"Why do you always cut me off?" Wei Wuxian whined. "Lan Zhan put me down, someone will see..."

"Let them see." Was the only response he got, nevertheless, Wei Wuxian couldn't help but blush at his words.

"I am not the only one shameless here, isn't that right Lan Zhan?" The black robed man laughed heartily. "Your arms are so strong! I wonder what other things can these do? Hmm?"

Lan Wangji remained impassive.

Though Wei Wuxian could've sworn he saw the man's ears turned red.

His head leaned on Lan Wangji's shoulder. Arms securely wrapped around his neck for support.

When Wei Wuxian's fingers felt the hanging forehead ribbon, he thought of another mischief.

Lan Wangji looked down only to see the other playing the Gusu Lan's forehead ribbon.

Without a sound, he placed Wei Wuxian under a tree and took the pristine white ribbon from his hands.

"Lan Zhan, it's mine now!" He tried to take it back, stumbling in the process, but the said man refused to give it to him.

Without a word, he took Wei Wuxian's arm and wrapped the forehead ribbon around it.

"Mn, it's yours now."

-

Wei Wuxian furrowed his brows and covered his ears to cover the loud background noise coming from an angry lotus.

"Wei Wuxian! The juniors are already waiting for us! How long are you going to sleep?! Wake up idiot!"

"Five minutes..."

The next thing Wei Wuxian knew was that he was attacked by a pillow. "Alright alright! I'm up! Ouch Jiang Cheng that hurts you know?!"

"That's what you get for being a sleepy head! Get up. Mother is going to be mad at us." With that, Jiang Wanyin left the room.

As for the older man, he stared at the ceiling as he thought of one thing.

"It was only a dream huh?"

-

:)