Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Grief

Tears were rapidly streaming down his face when he had finally come to his senses.

The grip on Bichen tightened as he hugged the sword to his chest. "Lan Zhan...No! No! No! Why?!"

He remembered the time Lan Wangji had a wide smile on his face while he cut off his neck.

He wailed sorrowfully, rocking his body back and forth while carrying the sword. The sound is loud enough for anyone to hear.

A folded paper was on the floor. Wei Wuxian remembered something falling when he tried to unsheathe Bichen.

It was a note that Wei Wuxian would have regretted reading but he wanted to.

'Wei Ying, you don't have to walk on a single planked bridge anymore.'

This made him drop the items and place his forehead on the floor.

Grieving for the lost friend who only wanted to let him live without having to suffer.

The friend who sacrificed himself and put himself in the place where Wei Wuxiam should've been.

"Lan Zhan why?!"

"A-xian!" Jiang Yanli barged into the room and immediately gave Wei Wuxian a comforting hug.

The male instantly warmed up into her embrace yet it didn't stop him from crying his heart out.

Wei Wuxian wanted to listen to Lan Wangji's music, he wanted to see those fingers pluck the strings of the guqin, he wanted to hear the voice that calls out his name.

Oh he badly wanted to reverse the time and stood by Lan Wangji's side.

"Wei Ying,"

The same voice echoes in his head. Chanted melodically and unable to stop himself from missing the owner of the sound.

"Mm, will protect Wei Ying." Lan Wangji nodded. Noticing the playful glint those deep set of purple eyes, he slightly smiled.

Jiang Cheng glared at the white sword and took it in his grip. "I'm going to throw this sword away!"

"No!" Wei Wuxian shouted, standing up to face his worn brother with glare. "Don't take away what's left of his memory...please..."

"A-Xian...what happened?"

Jiang Yanli's question was left unanswered when Wei Wuxian decided to grab Bichen and left to get some fresh air.

He felt suffocated and he needed a release. A release of frustration. But everywhere he go, it reminds him of the Second Young Master Lan.

From the spot he can see kites flying in the sky. Arrows shooting towards them like bullets and only a few shot kites down.

"Lan Zhan! Did you like the gift I sent you?" Wei Wuxian grinned at the other who strided towards him in his 'mourning clothes' - according to Wei Wuxian.

Lan Wangji's ears turned crimson red at the question. He glared at Wei Wuxian and uttered the exact same word that describes the man.

"Shameless!"

Who would have been more shameless than Wei Wuxian to send porn book at Lan Wangji?

"Ah...Lan Zhan...you could have told me the truth." Wei Wuxian muttered bitterly.

"Lan Zhan, demonic cultivation harms your body! If you don't stop, you'll die!" He tried to warn him, but it was no use.

Lan Wangji cannot be pursuaded.

"Many clans are opposed to this cultivation. They are threatened by your capabilities. Lan Zhan, why don't you just go back?"

The white robed man circled his thumb over the hilt of Bichen. He responded, "I can't"

"Why not?"

Lan Wangji turned towards Wei Wuxian and said, "Because I don't want the person I love to suffer."

-

:(