Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Lan Wangji's Memories (Part 1)

"Emperor's smile! I'll give you a jar, so could you pretend you never saw me?"

Wei Wuxian grinned, showing the white jade the liquor in his hands. However, Lan Wangji remained impassive.

"Alcohol is forbidden in Cloud Recesses."

Both teens were over the wall of the Cloud Recesses, one sitting and one standing. The two were donned in opposite colors.

Black and red, white and blue.

-

"Let me ask you a question. Do you...really hate me that much?" Wei Wuxian had his arms pressed over the desk as he asked the other seriously.

Lan Wangji turned to look at him. His eyes seemed to speak a lot of things.

If only Wei Wuxian knew how he felt about him.

Lan Wangji did not utter a reply and looked down. Under the container is a folded paper with containing important events from the past.

Wei Wuxian kept on rambling and the other kept on listening without offering a single glance at the speaker.

Despite the current situation where Wei Wuxian is under supervision in copying the Virtue and Conduct, Lan Wangji knew he is happy.

And Lan Wangji will do anything to protect his happiness.

-

Lan Wangji stood amidst of the surrounding Wens.

They had him cornered in all places.

He may be considered as the strongest among the crowd but the numbers he is up against made it impossible for him to keep up.

Despite his injured figure and draining spiritual energy, he still stood up on his feet to defend himself.

Unfortunately, the Wens won and the Cloud Recesses burnt into flames. Lan Wangji, just like before, limped solemnly on his injured leg.

He had failed to protect his home.

-

"You have a rope or a ribbon? Hey, your forehead ribbon might do the trick. Come on, take it off."

Lan Wangji silently let him pull down his forehead ribbon and use it as a bandage to his injury.

The next moment, he saw Wei Wuxian fish out a sachet of perfume from his robes. Lan Wangji frowned at the pink sachet, knowing very well where it came from.

"I can't believe that the girl's perfume sachet ended up so useful. I'll have to thank her properly when we go back."

Lan Wangji's frown deepened and responded rather coldly, "Are you sure you do not mean to harass her properly?"

The next corresponding action were expected by Lan Wangji. Therefore, when Wei Wuxian had asked him to strip off his clothes, he actually did.

Relieving memories were such an advantage on Lan Wangji's part. And so when Wei Wuxian had actually asked him to remove his own trousers, he did not budge even the slightest. Not even when Wei Wuxian acted in attempting to remove it himself.

Lan Wangji observed the slightly annoyed Wei Wuxian. He had to admit, he enjoyed watching the boy trying to scare him.

Alas, the Second Young Master Lan couldn't resist anymore. His blood seemed to boil to the point of having to burst out from between his lips.

He coughed out a mouthful of blood.

-

"Father is almost gone. Brother is missing."

Once again.

Lan Wangji knew that his brother will comeback. He will because that's what happened in the future. But his father...

His father will die and he wasn't able to do anything.

How can he protect Wei Ying if he was this weak?

How can he protect Wei Ying and everything that he cherishes if he cannot save his own sect and his father?

Wei Wuxian panicked upon seeing a glimpse of tears ran down his cheeks. He did not know what to do.

"Uh, Lan Zhan."

Lan Wangji fisted his hands and spoke quietly, "Wei Ying, how are you able to protect them?"

Even if it's only just for a while...

-

:(