Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Missing Him

It's painful.

Too painful.

That person is dead and only then Wei Wuxian realized how much that person means to him.

How much he loved him.

Now it was too late.

Lan Zhan is gone.

"A-xian, you haven't eaten anything since yesterday. I'm worried." Jiang Yanli softly spoke, placing a bowl of Lotus Rib Soup on the table.

Jiang Wanyin grunted, "It's been a month since Lan Wangji died. Why do you cry so hard now? That guy didn't even like you."

Wei Wuxian may be dense but he's not stupid. He had seen Lan Wangji's memories and he knew the guy loved him so much that he'd rather suffer instead.

Wei Wuxian frowned on the Lotus Rib Soup in front of him. "He liked me too much that it hurts."

'I like him too much that I want to follow.'

-

"I am the great shadow master! I am here to cause destruction! HAHAHA" The fat kid acted. His makeshift forehead ribbon was crooked and the stick he used was cut from a tree branch.

It didn't take a second for Wei Wuxian to know that the kid is acting as Lan Wangji.

Afterall, the deceased had a very terrible reputation.

He was supposed to be the great diabolical king. But Lan Wangji took the heavy blow instead.

Even if he had already ended his reign, no one would ever forget his frightful era.

Wei Wuxian thought differently.

Wei Wuxian only knew Lan Wangji as a kind soul who would do anything to protect his beloved.

Only Wei Wuxian can see the bright Lan Wangji beneath his cold and dark demeanor.

Not even Lan Xichen who have thought that his younger brother has been finally corrupted by resentful energy.

"Hey, kiddo. The Shadow Master isn't evil. But do you know who's evil?"

The next thing the kid knew is that he was already tied up onto a tree.

-

"Wei Gongzi," Lan Xichen welcomed the young man into Cloud Recesses. He was confused to the sudden visitation.

"Zewu-jun, it's been a while! How have you been? This place haven't changed one bit!" Wei Wuxian glanced at the large stone wall. "Why does it seem like there are more rules than before?"

"Uncle added thirty-five new clan rules. Hmm...I heard there will be a marriage between the Jins and the Jiangs soon."

Wei Wuxian groaned at the thought. "Ugh! I still can't believe my shijie will marry that arrogant peacock! What does she see in him anyway?"

Zewu-jun chuckled, leading the younger male to the Hanshi. Soon, the two of them sat opposite to each other for a cup of tea.

"Wei Gongzi, I know you are not here for a simple chat. What is it that you need?" Lan Xichen asked.

He is not stupid. The sudden visitation from someone who will not even want to step a foot inside a clan with thousands of rules, surely he must have come for an important reason.

Wei Wuxian's smile disappeared and his face turned very serious.

"Zewu-jun, I want to learn inquiry."

-

:(