ii. wishful thinking

chapter two

chapter two.

( wishful thinking )

Samaira stepped onto the familiar Hogwarts Express with a groan. She watched friends reuniting wistfully, wishing she had someone to do that with. She had many friends as people would say but she wasn't sure whether the other person thought of her the same way or merely as an acquaintance.

"Bye Mum, Bye Dad," she said with a smile, turning to look at her parents who were looking proudly looking at the Red and Golden Prefect badge attached to her robes. The girl rolled her eyes at their typical behavior and walked inside, snapping the couple out of their daze.

"Bye, Samaira." she heard her father yell and scoffed. She didn't turn back and continued to walk further.

"Oh, hey Samaira. How are you? How was your summer?" a girl said excitedly, looking at her with a smile.

"Hey Kristen, mine was good, what about yours?" Samaira replied, trying to match her enthusiasm.

"Mine was nice, thanks. Alright, see you at school." Kristen said giving her a thumbs up and walking away to her compartment shutting the door and leaving Samaira alone once again.

"Great."

The girl huffed and started looking for an empty carriage. She could use the time to catch up on her reading. Just another normal day for her. She soon found an empty compartment and smiled to herself. The Gryffindor quickly walked inside and took the seat by the window.

But, she was able to take in only a few moments of the silence before the door opened with a thud and four noisy Gryffindors walked inside, chatting excitedly, each of them having a cigarette hanging from their lips.

"Fucking adorable." the girl said to herself sarcastically. How could she have forgotten? This was the marauder's carriage. For argument's sake,

the four boys had even carved their names on walls.