iii. devil doesn't bargain

chapter three.

( devil doesn't bargain )

"Hey Samaira, wanna join us in the welcome back party tonight?" Remus asked casually, as the two walked to the Prefects Carriage.

Samaira thought for a moment before nodding slowly with a shrug. She had never been to any of the parties hosted by the marauders and by now she was curious to see what the hype was all about. "Sure. But it's a school night," she said hesitantly. Remus gave her a look.

"Really Samaira? Fuck that," he said with a shrug, sliding open the compartment door. Samaira opened her mouth to protest but immediately shut up when Remus gave her one last disapproving glare. Maybe she should loosen up. A bit.

"Regulus." Remus acknowledged, tensing up ever so slightly. The younger Black nodded with a hard look and went back to talking to the Hufflepuff Prefect.

Samaira gave the two boys a look but shrugged it off. Their weirdness was probably just because of Sirius' situation with his family.

"How's Sirius?" Regulus suddenly asked, turning to look at the two. He gave Samaira a polite smile which she returned with a nod.

"Oh, you know just his usual self," Remus said, taking a seat but Regulus scoffed.

"I don't know Lupin, would it hurt you to be a bit more elaborate?" the boy hissed in anger while Remus smiled slightly.

"Why do you care?" the werewolf asked, raising an eyebrow. Samaira looked between the two curiously, nervous to see what this would lead to.

"Well, you know I wasn't the one who ran away, leaving his younger brother behind." Regulus snapped but Remus only smiled wickedly.

"Actually Sirius' pronouns are they and them. He and him only for close ones." Remus said with a grin, leaning back with a lazy look.

"Well, he's my fucking brother." the younger boy spat in annoyance. Samaira found the whole thing quite hilarious, to be honest.