ix. daydream

chapter nine.

( daydream )

Samaira wasn't sure what possessed her to come down here in the midst of a group of high Gryffindors all clumsily trying to plan a birthday party

Samaira wasn't sure what possessed her to come down here in the midst of a group of high Gryffindors all clumsily trying to plan a birthday party. She cringed visibly when she saw James walk up to Lily and ask her out. Again. And got turned down. Again. Apart from herself, Lily was the only one in her senses desperately trying to get everyone in order so that they could get on with the planning. Samaira stood uninterestedly in one corner, sulking away and wishing to get away as soon as possible. She still had a shit ton of homework to do that included her and Sirius'.

"Alright, everybody." James slurred laying out an elaborately designed paper in front of them. It had several boxes each one containing a clumsy drawing of the various places in Hogwarts and some instructions. "So this is number one," he said pointing to the top box in the left corner.

"You are shit at drawing James, fucking explain," Marlene said impatiently. Mary rubbed her back to calm her down while Marlene stiffened at the contact.

Samaira swept her eyes around the room and saw Aryan silently arguing with Remus about something. Aryan looked flustered while Remus was jabbing a furious finger at his chest. Every couple of minutes, Aryan kept looking behind his shoulder to confirm whether Samaira could hear them or not. The girl felt a sharp pang in her chest, she knew Aryan was hiding something. Something Big. And the fact that her brother didn't trust her enough to tell her something like that, really hurt like a bitch.

She looked tentatively at the half-empty bottle kept in front of her. It didn't have a label on it and she had no idea what it was. Before she could reach out for the bottle, Peter reached out for it and handed it to Aryan who gulped it thirstily. Peter then attempted to shut up the two of them, looking nervously at Samaira. Samaira blew out a sharp breath before walking up to them.

"Oh for fuck's sake." the girl snapped, looking at Aryan. Peter and Remus immediately backed out while Samaira looked at her brother.

"What?" he asked, clearly irked by her presence and clearly high.