vii. wrong direction

chapter seven

chapter seven.

( wrong direction )

tw: panic attack, sh, abuse :(

Samaira looked at the parcel that had just arrived in dismay, groaning inwardly. Another long day of arguments with Aryan was in line. She opened it and rummaged through the contents, a small smile growing on her face. No matter how much it annoyed her, she couldn't deny it did make her happy. Samaira walked to the washroom to wash her hands before she could empty the box. h

Inside the washroom, she saw some residue of white powder and grimaced slightly knowing what it was. Marlene had gotten high again. At 9 AM in the morning. Shaking her head, she walked out and saw a red-eyed Marlene going through the contents of her box with a bright smile.

"Fucking hell, Marlene. You aren't supposed to touch it without washing your hands." Samaira shouted in panic, snatching the box away from her.

"Jesus, Samaira, fineee." the blonde said dragging out the e in fine while Samaira shook her head and folded her hands muttering a silent apology to God. "What is it anyway?"

"Nothing you need to worry about," Samaira said as she began emptying the contents on a clean cloth kept on her table. Marlene shrugged, lighting a cigarette and walked over to where Samaira was standing peering over her shoulder, curiously.

"Oh that is a cool bracelet but why is it like...flat?" Marlene asked curiously, exhaling noisily.

"Fine, I'll tell you. Get away the cigarette please." Samaira said in a bland voice, arranging the stuff carefully.

"And why do you have rice packed in small packets? Why do you have like...chilli powder?" the blonde continued, eyeing the contents while Samaira snorted, covering her mouth to stop herself from laughing.

"Behenchod," Samaira muttered under her breath, grinning in amusement. "Ok, one week from now there's a festival. Rakshabandhan." Samaira began, at loss for words on how to explain it to Marlene without the high girl making a joke out of it.