Chapter 4

"Luca?!"

Standing up I ran over to him. Giving him a hug. I was so happy to see him that I didn't want to stop hugging him. Athena came up and touched me and that's when I pulled back. Placing my hand on her back I didn't break eye contact with Luca.

"Surprise!" He said with a smile.

"What are you doing here?"

"I had a week off from work and decided to come see you."

Turning to Kels and Bri "This is what you were talking about this morning?"

Kelsey answered "Yes and it is also the reason why I wanted you to come here today."

"You girls are something else."

Taking Luca by the hand I went over to my mom and introduced them.

"Mom, this is Luca. Luca, this is my mom Payton."

Luca reached his hand out towards my mom which she took. Retreating his hand he took mine again. Mom looked at our hands then up to me. All I could do was smile.

"Umm hunni could I talk to you for a bit?"

"Sure."

Walking away with mom she didn't talk for awhile. Coming up to a bench that overlooked the river. Sitting down looking out to the river she started to talk.

"He seems like a nice guy."

"He is."

"Do you like him?"

"I do. I like him very much."

"Is the accent Italian?"

"Yes it is."

"I want you to bring him home for dinner while he's here. See if he really is worthy of having you."

That made me really excited. "I will mom."

Coming back to the rest of the group. Having my head down as I was walking looking at the trail kicking some leaves. Hearing mom laugh I looked at her confused then to where she was looking. Luca was lying on the ground with Kobe and Bryant sitting on top of him trying to hold him down. The girls were standing watching them and cheering for the twins. They were having an incredible time with him. Letting them play for a little while longer it still didn't take long for mom to gather the kids and head home.

"Okay kids time to go home."

"But mom."

"No buts about it. We've been here long enough, it's time to go home for supper."

Athena came to give me a hug.

"Are you coming home with us?"

"No sweetie but I will come over sometime this week."

"Promise?" She asked me with wide eyes.

"I promise." Giving her one last hug

"Love you Quinn."

"Love you too."

Giving mom a hug she held me like she didn't want to let go. And I felt the same way. Telling that she will phone me later if she doesn't forget. Calling for Destiny I left as well.

On the drive home I was on the phone with Briar and Kelsey discussing what to have for supper. After like 100 suggestions we settled on Lasagna. Hanging up I remembered Tracy and that my mom was on her way home. Two rings later she picked up.

"Hey, my mom's on her way home."

"Okay thanks I was just about to quote for today anyways. Hey umm... I was wondering if it would be okay to leave my stuff here? I don't want to bring it in and out everytime I come and leave."