Chapter 9

Without having Kelsey notice anything I slowly started to pack up my things. Getting the flatten boxes from my stop shelf I started by clearing out my desk then my night stands. Having my airpods in my music got interrupted when Siri announced a call.

"What do you want?"

"That ain't the way to answer a phone Quinn."

"Aunt Kaci, I'm busy, what do you want?"

"Nothing. Just checking in. See what you've been up to. Haven't seen or talked to you in a while."

"I'm doing good. Just doing a bit of cleaning."

"Do you want to spend some time together sometimes?"

"I'm not sure I'll think about it. Maybe Thursday or Friday."

"Okay. I'll see which one of these days works for me. Well then have a good day."

"You too."

Not wanting to pack anymore I headed over to Aunt Harley's place. Go into her house I went for a class of OJ. Looking for something to eat I saw a takeout box. Taking it I dumped to food into a plate and into the microwave for a minute. Sitting down in the living room I turned on the TV. Continuing to watch my show on Netflix when Harley came in.

"Quinn you here?" She called out.

"Yeah."

Coming in she sat down on the chair beside the couch.

"I was looking for that."

"It was good. There's a bit left if you want some." I said handing the plate over to her.

"Nah I'm good I'll make a grilled cheese."

"Can you make me one too?"

"You just had some Chinese." She stated

"Yeah I know but I'm still hungry."

Taking the plate from the coffee table she went into the kitchen. As I was finishing the third episode of OBX 3 Aunt Harley came in giving me a plate. Smiling at her I took it and bit into the grilled cheese.

"What have you been up to the last few days? You haven't been around much."

"I've been around. I'm just caught up in my own little words."

Looking up she catched my eyes. Starting at me with such intensity that I had to look away.

"Quinn, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Why?"

"Your eyes don't have that sparkle that they used to have."

"A lie it's a lie. I may look happy but I swear that I'm dying on the inside. Survive. I don't know the last time I felt truly alive. I spend way too much time in my bed because I don't want to deal with my life. A lie it's a lie. I just want to be alright."

That's what I wanted to say but instead this is what came out of my mouth.

"There was a sparkle in my eye?"

"Yes there was but now it's gone."

"Oh. I guess I'm just tired and have no clue what to do with my life."

"How much sleep have you been getting?"

"Like in a week or a night."

"Quinn."

Yikes. she used her serious tone.

"I got 8 hours of sleep today. It took me three days but I got eight hours."