Chapter 10

Start writing your story

Tears rolled down my cheeks. I broke up with him and he responded by flying across the world to ask me to marry him. If that doesn't show me how much he loves me then I don't know what will.

"Luca Matteo Lorenzo. Yes, I will marry you."

Sliding the ring onto my finger he stood up and gave me a hug. Hazel joined in a moment later. Pulling away she looked at me all smiles.

"So who do we call first?" She asked."

"My mom." I answered.

Facetiming my mom. She didn't answer. Calling again after 6 rings she picked up.

"Quinn, hunny I can't talk right now. We are with my parents and we're getting supper ready."

Holding up my hand "I'm engaged."

"What!? Are you serious?" She picked up the phone so that I could see her properly.

"Luca asked me a few minutes ago."

She told everyone that was there and I could hear them erupt like a volcano.

"Oh hunny I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks mom. I'm gonna call Kelsey now. Love you."

"Love you too."

Kelsey picked up on the second last ring when I was about to hang up. She looked like I woke her up from a nap or something. Holding up my hand it took her a minute to realize what I was showing her. Her face went from confused to surprised.

"Are you kidding?" She asked all to excited.

"No. It's real."

"Luca, what took you so long?"

"Well it took for her to break up with me for me to realize how much I really love her." He answered her.

"Oh right, she did break up with you. But she said yes."

"Yes Kelsey, I did say yes."

"I missed the moment? Come on Quinn I was supposed to be there. Oh but wait I knew he was gonna ask you"

"What?"

"I asked your mom for permission and your dad for your hand. I told Kelsey the plan after the both said yes. I mean, isn't the best friend supposed to know and be in on all the planning."

Looking over at Hazel I saw the same smile on her that was on Kelsey.

"Hey Kels, I'll call you back and tell you everything later. Love you."

"You better. Love you too."

Hanging up. I looked at the pair of them and said,

"That day when Hazel took my phone and y'all talked. This is what it was about?"

"Guilty as charged." Luca said hold up his hands.

"You guys are something else."

"Luca, you'll have to teach her some Italian."

"I'll try."

"What do you want for supper?" I asked.

"I'm down for some pizza." Hazel suggested.

"Same here. Just not with pineapples on there."

Hazel looked at him with her mouth open. I went to her and closed it. Looking at me with eyes bigger than her head.

"Quinn what's with this guy? Not wanting pineapples on a pizza."

"They don't belong there." He said.

"You need to train him better, Quinn."