Chapter 5

"As the heiress of your family household, it is part of your responsibility to be leader of this company. Hence, you will be the future CEO of Optimum Pharmart Inc. Your responsibilities would include..." My dad, Red, continued to ramble about my nature of work here in our family's company. But, I would have none of it because my mind was flying elsewhere.

Nandito kaming tatlo nila Crim and Bella sa loob ng isang conference room, the same floor with the executives of the company. Aside from the three of us, the board of directors were also here in case there will be confusion in what my dad has been saying.

"Misha, I know you will be confused with this position you will acquire. You graduated as an engineer, yet you will be exposed to a business path. But, let me assure you that you will still have the chance to oversee the company's regulations of pharmaceuticals and provide feedback in case you have one." My dad then looked at me and gave me a small reassuring smile. I smiled back kahit wala dito ang wisyo ko.

"Of course, the nature of work of Crim would be in the manufacturing process, and Bella will be the acquiring the necessary chemicals and investigate their substances, you will be the CEO but you have the authority to supervise their operations." My dad continued then rambled again about the work for the three of us.

It never ends. Wala ata siyang kapaguran sa pagsasalita. Both Crim and Bella were listening attentively, while I was struggling to follow and comprehend whatever my dad was saying.

I only nod and I don't even know if answerable by yes ba ang question! I was literally spacing out. Crim bumped my shoulder subtly to bring me back to reality and I thank her for it but it was only a matter of time when I spaced out again.

It was good that it already ended. The company visit was cut short because of an emergency meeting my dad and other executives would need to attend.

"...now, I am kinda nervous to be exposed outside. Field work is a requirement pa naman sa path na kukunin ko." Bella pouted.

We're here now inside an Italian restaurant inside a mall near the company. They were talking about their future work while I only listened to them and tried to keep up.

Crim laughed. "Gagi, iitim ang Bella namin! Make sure to always wear sunblock, okay?"

Bella nodded. "Of course. Kahit gusto kong maputi ako, I think I will still look better if umitim ako ng kaonti?"

"Yes. You would still look better no matter what your skin tone is." Crim smiled at Bella and pinched her cheeks to which Bella swatted away. Then, they both looked at me.

"Ikaw? Anyare sayo? Kanina ka pa nananahimik. Iniisip ko ngang baka natatae ka kaso hindi ka naman nagpapawis." Crim laughed.

I glared at her and sighed afterwards. "It's tiring to socialize today. The company visit drained my energy."

"Naubos energy meter mo?"

I nodded and continued eating my pasta.

"Kinakabahan ka ba maging leader ng company?" Crim asked.

I looked at her. "Sinong hindi kakabahan? I will literally acquire the whole company! What if it won't thrive in my hands? Nakakahiya!"

"I know it's already a huge responsibility for you but don't pressure yourself. There will be a chance that it will prosper under your leadership. Sometimes, thinking negatively would only push you to act poorly." Bella said in a hopeful voice.

Crim nodded and even pointed at Bella with her fork. "Bella's right. We don't want to invalidate whatever you're feeling right now, but you don't have to close your doors thinking that it may thrive under your power."

I pouted and felt myself tearing up because of the happiness and contentment these girls bring me. We have been together ever since we were young. We only got separated when I was in Grade 3 because I needed to live in Spain for my abuela. Those were the times she talked to me about my promise. Those were also the times when she was taken away from this world.

I only got back to the country when I was already in college. Thankfully, the three of us belonged in one block making them my classmates for years. Conyo pa rin ako because I spent years living in a foreign country but I do understand and have tried to speak Tagalog ever since.

I sighed. "What if I don't want this position in the company?"

"Then, hindi mo gusto. Talk to your parents. For sure, they won't force you if you don't like it." Crim shrugged. "But, it's not a crime to still try being the CEO. Malay mo, takot ka lang ngayon pero magaling ka pala sa field na iyon." She added.

"Kayo ba, okay na kayo sa mga future work niyo?" It was my turn to ask them.

"Kaya ko naman 'yon kaya okay lang sa akin. Sana malaki sweldo." Crim laughed.

"The work that awaits me is fine by me, too. As much as being outside and interacting with a lot of people scare me, I love being exposed to the environment. Plus, I will get the chance to witness the substances first before proceeding to the manufacturing process under Crim's command." Bella said.

Crim clapped her hands. "Talino talaga ng bebe ko!"

Bella giggled and continued eating her pasta.

I smiled at the both of them and I admire their perseverance on wanting to venture on the path they'll be willing to take. I admit that I do feel a little jealousy because sigurado na sila sa mga gusto nila. Whereas for me, I'm still trying to wonder if this is really what I wanted.

Ang daming hindi ako sigurado. Ang daming tanong din ang umiikot sa mind ko. I still don't have the answers but just like Bella said that I don't need to pressure myself. There will come a time that answers will flock to my area and it will not feel ambiguous anymore.

Mr. Right <3:

Please tell me more. Do you want me to call you?

I got up from my bed as I got the text from him. Anong call? Oh my gosh, what shade of lip tint should I wear?! Do I have muta and tulo laway?! Mierda! The pressure!

Me:

Can we text na lang? Sa susunod na ang call 🥺

Nagpabebe na muna me. I also want to talk to him over a phone call, but pinapangunahan ako ng takot and hiya! I haven't seen him in person for years! I only see him through my social media and other online resources. Kaya baka speechless lang ako kapag mag phone call kami.

It already makes me nervous about our meetup. There's still no definite date but it was sure we will meet! In person!

Mr. Right <3:

Whatever you want. Are you sleepy?

Me:

Nope pa. Are you?

Mr. Right <3:

Hindi rin. So, when do you plan for us to meet?

Me:

When's your free time? I'm free next weekend!

Mr. Right <3:

Okay, next weekend it is. Will tell you more on where we will go that day. Should I pick you up or you will drive your own car?

I bit my lip as I am failing miserably in preventing myself from grinning. Impit na shout ang lumabas sa bibig ko.

Me:

I will drive my own car. Just tell me the location and I will meet you there 😁

Mr. Right <3:

Okay, see you then. 😁

Hindi ko na mapigilan ang self ko na magpa gulong gulong sa bed habang impit na tumitili. It was so hard to suppress this kilig I have.

So, this is how it feels like to interact with your crush. Tumili ulit ako.

|🌙|