Chapter Three: The Quickest Love Confession In Any Form Of Consumable Media

I'm shocked out of my daydream as I hear Heizou's voice calling me despite us being on opposite sides of Inazuma City.

"KUNI-CHAAN! I HAVE A QUESTION!" Heizou shouts.

I close my eyes, imagine myself standing next to him, and when I open them, I do in fact find myself standing next to him.

"What the hell do you want?" I ask him, half irritated, half concerned.

"Do you...have more than one name?" He asks.

"No. Why?" I ask.

Why the fuck would I have more than one name.

Unless he's talking about pink sticky note person calling me Peregrinus....

"Mmm...just curious." Heizou teases, clearly not intending to elaborate.

"As your partner, shouldn't you feel obligated to tell me everything you know?" I ask, using an innuendo for my words.

I'm his partner in two ways.

"Come on Kuni-chan, Sherlock is told everything, not Watson. You tell the detective things, not the assistant." Heizou says with a smirk.

"So pretend I stop helping you and you get fired in four months..." I start.

Heizou's eyes go wide.

"I- I'll tell you." He says quickly.

I myself smirk.

"Good boy." I say. "Now start talking."

"Um... Are you familiar with how murder cases...work?" Heizou begins awkwardly.

"To a certain extent." I say.

"So when a person gets murdered, we retrieve their body to check for evidence and things like that.... Do you get where I'm going with this?" Heizou asks.

"Something to do with my body, I assume?" I ask bluntly.

Heizou messes with his sleeves.

"...Yes. What's suspicious to me is the fact that Riyuko was the one who brought 'your body' back after your murder." He says.

"What does that have to do with me possibly having two names?" I ask.

I have a feeling I know where this is going.

"Do you know anyone named Scaramouche?" Heizou asks.

"He's my twin brother." I say.

Heizou bites his lip.

"Well...seems to me like your brother died in some way... Maybe in the Tenshukkaku Raid five years ago? Along with your mother?" He says.

Damn, I guess we're all dead in this time.

I clench my fist to keep my feelings of anger and sadness inside me due to the thought of Scaramouche ever dying.

He might be annoying and all that, but he's my brother, and at the end of the day I love him.

"I..I don't know." I say softly, trying my best to not start crying. "But..where did you hear the name Scaramouche?"

As soon as I say my brother's name, to my surprise, the room fades to black and all sound cuts out.

I feel myself falling, close my eyes, and try not to scream in case I'm just feeling vertigo.

I don't want Heizou to think I'm weird.

Suddenly, I feel myself become grounded once more.

I open my eyes to find myself in a room I've never seen before.