Story Context

So I was writing notes about random things I come up with for some of my other stories surrounding this universe, and decided I wanted to share some of the notes I wrote for this book because it's done now and there won't be any spoilers.

These are 100% unedited..

It's Kuni but after he and Heizou end up together (after they're happily married lol) but then Heizou dies in the FIRST chapter and then Kuni has to go back in time to the no reincarnation past thanks to Ayato saying 'I can help you lol' (he doesn't say lol tho lmao) so Kuni has to be all sneaky around past Heizou. Most of Kuni's reactions are "Wtf did we really do this in a past life?".

I've shared this one before to those who have read my little endnotes. I wrote it the night after I finished The Boy In The Window.

Someone who knows The Doctor but isn't The Doctor killed Heizou in the reincarnation world so Kuni has to use the past to stop the Doctor once and for all. Present Kuni holds basically the same traits as past Kuni despite being really alive.

(It's Columbina lol)

Also this above one was written immediately after I finished The Boy In The Window.

When both Scaramouche and Riyuko mentioned a 'she', they weren't talking about Ayaka, they were talking about Columbina.

This idea came to be because I genuinely meant for the killer in The Boy In The Window to be Ayaka but people started guessing it so I changed it to Dottore but never fixed the holes where Riyuko and Ayaka said she.

Yes, this means Columbina was a part of what happened in The Boy In The Window, even if it was only in a small way.

Scaramouche didn't know about the future and what Kuni was going to go through in the next life, but as a former member of the Fatui, he knew about Columbina and Dottore's plans for his siblings.

This is because, in The Boy In The Window, Scaramouche was the one who knew everything. He knew the whole plan thing of the Doctor/the killer, he basically had all the context. However, in Spirit Case, he didn't really know that Kuni was from the future future. He only had his memories from before he himself was killed, which means it was from before the rest of the Shoguns were killed.

Also Scaramouche's role in Spirit Case was a lot smaller than I'd initially intended, but that's because I wrote a lot of these notes before I actually published the story or before I got very far in the story.

I also made his part small because I decided to write The Undesirable Experiment, where he is literally the main character.

The reason Heizou didn't die when Riyuko slashed him was because Dottore didn't let him die because Heizou was an important part of his plan. They then killed Riyuko for nearly fucking up the plan (Kuni stops her death in Spirit Case lol)

Bet you didn't know that.

At some point that I forgot to write, Kuni and Heizou saved Riyuko from dying.

Yes, I know this causes confusion with the timeline of The Boy In The Window, but, well, just don't think too hard about it.

When Ayato said 'Kunikuzushi is waiting for you' at the end of Burn Me To Ash, he didn't mean Kuni was waiting for him in the afterlife, he meant that future future Kuni was waiting for him in the past. You can figure this out because according to Caprice, both Kuni and Heizou got 'reincarnated'. Before Heizou could die, Ayato sent him back to the past but only placed his soul into past past Heizou's body, considering if Heizou remained in his old body he'd die.

I didn't actually touch on this point as much as I'd like to have, so these kinds of things are the reasons this side chapter exists.

If enough people read this I'll make some for the end of Another Shadow and The Undesirable Experiment.