Chapter Eleven: How To Discern VR From Reality 101

"What do you mean what did they do to me?" I ask Scara, beginning to feel scared.

Scara grabs my cheeks and stares into my eyes.

"Kaedehara Kazuha, remember? The guy with the white ponytail?" He asks.

"No!" I say.

"Do you remember anything? What about Heizou? Do you remember him?" Scara asks, unmistakable fear in his voice, which is scary because Scaramouche isn't afraid of anything.

"No. Who?" I ask.

Scara's hands drop away from my face and he stares at me in shock and then anger.

"Nggggh, what did they do to you?" He repeats. "They'll pay for hurting you!"

"Scara, I'm not hurt! What are you talking about? I'm fine!" I say frantically, becoming more scared of the anger in his eyes by the minute.

Scaramouche grabs me by the shoulders.

"What did mother tell you?" He asks.

"Uh....that I was under the influence of the E.Ternity thing mother made a while ago for like, nine years." I say awkwardly.

"That's a lie. That's a fucking lie. I bet she told you no one you'd known during that time existed either. In fact, she probably even tried to wipe your memory of them. That's why you don't remember your own boyfriend." Scara says.

"B-b-boyfriend?" I stammer.

I have a boyfriend?

"I'm not gay!" I protest, my face burning like Scara straight up just set it on fire.

He rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, and I'm secretly a girl." Scara says.

"I know damn well you're a boy." I say.

"And I know that you're gay." Scara says, grabbing my hand and walking back down the road towards the front gate.

"Hey! Where are we going?" I ask, not really fighting his actions but also not being sure if I should let him take me somewhere.

"I'm taking you to two of my friends. Please don't fight it. It'll be better, trust me." Scara pleads.

I'm about to object, but the sadness and fear in Scaramouche's voice won't let me.

"Fine." I say.

===Timeskip===

After walking in silence and darkness for what feels like two hours, we finally reach a lit Victorian style house, only smaller.

Scara opens the door and we both step inside.

A girl with long ice blue hair runs up to us.

"You're back!" She cries. "Oh, and you rescued him!"

Rescued me?

"Rescued me from what?" I ask.

"From the Shogun!" The girl exclaims.

From mother?

"Ayaka, he isn't himself right now. They wiped his memory or some shit." Scara says.

"Memory loss? I think I can help with that one, comrade." A new voice days.

A tall man with ginger hair and vibrant yet dull blue eyes walks into the hallway as well.