Chapter 100: Tubbo comes to stay (but only for the evening)

Wilbur's POV:

I readjusted a few more bowls of snacks on the side. Tommy was sat on the sofa, rocking back and forth whilst humming to the music we'd put on in the background. The bifold doors we open, and the house was still warm. I loved this kind of weather. 

Techno was desperately trying to sort out all the wires now he'd connected the Xbox to the tv. We were going to play minecraft all afternoon and evening and have the best time ever! And I wasn't going to worry about my show or Niki or the fact that I need to start deciding where I go after my GCSE's. Techno wasn't going to get overwhelmed by responsibility or fear of failure. Tommy wasn't going to find it too loud or too much or too anything. And Tubbo was going to come home, even if it was just for the one night.

Dad had gone to visit Grandma earlier that morning, but he came back not long after and Techno and I both knew what that meant. He hadn't built up the courage to go and actually see her. He had done it before, and Mum's reaction only confirmed it. He went and gave blood at the hospital though, so at least he got out the house. They decided to go out for dinner that evening to make up for it. As long as everything was okay with us -and Tubbo when he got here- Mum and Dad were going to share a fancy meal at the nice pub in town. Techno and I were happy to finally get some time alone, and more happy that Mum and Dad were going to get sometime to themselves. With all the stuff that's been going on, we reckon it's been weeks since they last slept in the same bed at the same time. But that was going to happen tonight, and tonight for the first time in forever, we were all going to sleep in the same house.

The 'welcome sort of home' banner Mum and I had been working on all morning -between Mum's chats trying to cheer up Dad- was on the dining table, lay out ready for two of us to hold up as Dad drove the car up the drive. He had just set off to the hospital to pick up Tubbo.

"How long until Tubbo can come home properly?" I asked.

"Soon bud, really soon. Dad and I are going to take Tommy and Tubbo furniture shopping next week, and then he just has to get signed off from the hospital. Could be as soon as next weekend?" Mum replied, giving me a short hug before making sure the dish washer was ready to go on.

"Oh." I said happily, realising that was way sooner than I'd first thought, "and when can we adopt them?"

"Full of questions today huh? I don't have an answer for that one unfortunately bud."

"Soon though yea?"

"As soon as we can make it," she nodded. Satisfied with the answers, I slinked down to the music room and began tidying a few things up. I hadn't had the band around recently (we'd been spending so much time together at school with the show any everything anyway), but it hadn't been cleaned since Monday when Mumbo came so there were just some things left over. Tommy and I like hanging down here, and we did it yesterday when Mum, Dad and Techno were talking through his report. Mine went fine, just got to work on some revision stuff over the summer, but they had a whole fancy conversation with Techno. I think he's decided he doesn't want to go to university or something, who knows.

Tommy is slowly learning the piano in his sessions with Mumbo and he loves nothing more than listening to me play. Any instrument, whether I sing or not, Tommy is mesmerised. And I have to say it does make you feel pretty awesome about yourself when you receive someone's undying attention like that. Hopefully when Tubbo was finally home, he could start his ukulele lessons with Mumbo and then all 3 of us would be able to jam out here some evenings. I hope Tubbo feels part of the family, it must be difficult when he's spent so much time in the hospital instead of with us. Techno once spent ages in the hospital, but he said that was appendicitis, and I was with a completely different foster family so didn't even know about it until was after it had happened. That was the one thing, because Techno and I aren't biological siblings, there was no hoped of being placed together. When we ended up back at the kid's home, there was a sigh of relief in both of us that we'd managed to find the other again. Maybe we'd all have a sigh of relief when we all found each other again. That'd be nice. Even if my sister isn't there to join in. I hope she is alright, I still worry about her even if I don't talk about it.