Chapter 2: Drain

The plan was as follows, today I would go out into the streets so that the army could find me and take me directly to the donation farms. Why could only I go? Well, she was the youngest, after Josh, but no way did we let him into that horrible place at only 16 years old.

Supposedly, all they do to you when you arrive is take you to a cell, they leave you there to rot, finally, they end up completely draining you, ending your life. Not very smart of you, is it? That is, it is not very wise to end the little human life that was left on Earth. And honestly, I don't think they really like animal blood.

All I had to do was stay in the cell and wait for the next day, when it's daylight and the soldiers are more defenseless, I'll try to escape with the card and try to take as many people as possible from that monstrous place. Easy, right? I hope so.

"Ready?" Carlos asked me as he squeezed my backpack, to run better. I had to get caught by the army, but I couldn't just stay still, that would make them suspicious.

- Yes, it will be fine. Don't worry.- I answered trying to give him hope.

-Be careful. Here, you'll need it.-Elicia said, raising a bottle of water.

-No, you will need it more than me.-I refused to take it with me.-I will only run a few meters, nothing will happen to me.-I tried to convince them when I saw their worried faces.

"Come back safe and sound, okay?" Sara told me as she hugged me.

-I'll try.

-Remember, if you don't see the possibility, go. You don't have to bring someone with you.-Carlos pointed his finger at me.-The important thing is that you get here. OK?

-Yes.-I answered tired of his concern.

"Well, it's just dawn, it's better that you go out now so you don't run into any bites." That's what we called the normal vampires, the ones that would kill you. "I should go and not you," Carlos said, looking at me with grief.

- I'll go and period. You are forty-two years old, they would send you to experiments directly.-I pointed at him with my finger.-See you soon.-I said going out the door.

-So be it.-Carlos sentenced.

The huge gate of the factory closed completely as soon as he left. I had to go to a supermarket and make a little noise to get attention, so I started running to get there earlier so that the sun wouldn't disappear. The nearest supermarket was about fifteen minutes from the factory, if you ran about ten.

It was not necessary to go into the supermarket, just around the corner I stopped suddenly when I ran into about three soldiers from the army, who smiled when they saw me. I widened my eyes to make it look like I was taken by surprise and started running the other way, dodging cars, fallen trees, even decomposing bodies, they weren't even able to pick them up.

-Stop before the guard!-they kept shouting and shouting that sentence. From one moment to the next, I gave my run enough and started to slow down. Something got entangled in my feet and made me fall suddenly to the ground, seconds later a vampire was already putting the famous wife of thorns in my hands, behind her back.

"Walk!" shouted the one who lifted me off the ground. They took me back to the supermarket and put me in the black car they had come with. It was shiny, it looked luxurious even. It was clearly a tinted car so that the sun does not bother them much. As soon as they entered it, they took off the helmets they were wearing, they were quite young, they were no more than thirty, but they were vampires, so their real age is never known. Two of them were on my sides, preventing me from doing something stupid and flying out the door.