Chapter 26: Mistakes

"Did you kiss them?!" Thomas yelled excitedly.

Memories of the night before came to mind.

. . . . . . . . .

"It was now or never.I walked towards her determined. Hilaria looked at Victoria nervously. Everything happened in a matter of seconds, when I wanted to realize it; I was already at Hilaria's level, my hands were already on her neck, pushing her towards me with force.

-¿Wh...

I joined our lips in a delicate and soft kiss. It took her a while to clear her mind, but as soon as she did, her hands already had me by the waist.

Something began to grow inside me.

His lips moved skillfully between mine. I searched for Victoria's body with my free hand, as soon as I found hers, I pulled her, making her stand behind me.

I stopped kissing Hilaria, meeting her pleading eyes for more, but I must have been doing something else right now. I turned my head to find Victoria, who was looking at me confused with her head cocked to the side. I took that opportunity and embedded my lips with his."

. . . . . . . . .

But just like those beautiful memories came, some came that managed to sneak into my heart like needles.

. . . . . . . . .

-I'm sorry.-I got rid of both as soon as I realized what I was doing.-I've been encouraged to do it.-I took a step back.

"Incited? That will be." Not that she needed a make-out session after what had happened with Arcadia.

"What happened to De Luca?" Victoria asked.

"Shh, you want to lower your voice." I looked nervously at the door of the room.

-I just can't. You three...- I ran towards him putting my hand in his mouth.

-Lower your voice. They can hear you.-I whispered.-You have very soft lips.-I was surprised when I touched its texture with my fingers.

-Thank you, when I became a vampire I changed...-he looked at me with wide eyes.-Don't change the subject.-he pointed a finger at me.-You three...-he made some strange signs with his hands.- Was there a tongue?

-What else does it matter to you?-I sat on the sofa.

"Come on Maia, I'm a vampire recruited by insensitive vampires that if you ask them anything about their life, they'll kill you the second." He sat next to me while making a face like a lost puppy. "I live bored." He sounded impatient. "Besides, I'm your best friend.

"My best friend?" Unconsciously my mind traveled to his blue eyes and blonde hair... to his blood shed because of me.

-I'm sorry, I shouldn't...

-Not well. I didn't realize the moment you became my best friend.-I bit my cheeks.

"That hurts me." He tried to sound affected.

I'm glad I found you that day, Thomas.

-Found? I found you.-he winked at me.-Are you okay?-he caressed my hands with his thumbs.

-I am, which is not little.

-Hey.-he tried to smile.-Don't change the subject.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I looked the other way.

-Was there language or was there no language?-I looked at him hiding a slight smile.

-Yes, there was tongue.-I whispered self-conscious.