Chapter 21: A scarf can save your life

-Victoria, definitely, we are not going to do that.- Hilaria sentenced.

-Because? It could work.

-Because if she put on a dress, your brother would eat her whole.- Hilaria explained while my eyes widened.

-Relax.-Lucy whispered behind me, placing a hand on my back.-She won't have the chance. I have to go see something. See you later, okay?" I nodded watching her walk out the door.

We had spent most of the afternoon trying to create a plan in case their families try something against me. A total failure, the only meaningful thing we had managed to get was that I could put on a dress to make myself look less human. And from what Hilaria had just said, it wasn't a good plan either.

"There are twenty minutes left until they arrive." Hilaria looked at her watch. "Is dinner ready?" she asked the man who served the food.

"Both, my lady." She lowered her head as a bow, which I instantly hated.

-Perfect, you can retire.

"And if we say that I feel bad and I've gone to bed?" I ask hopefully.

-It won't work, my brother can know where a person is from miles away. -Did that really exist? -It's one of the most common powers that vampires can have.

"What?" I looked at him badly when he remembered his power and that she had just done it with me.

-I'm sorry, but I need to know if you don't feel comfortable, less than you already are, or if you want to run to support yourself.-she approached me.-Just for today, please.-she placed a lock of hair behind my ear. Her blue eyes found mine, beautiful. Her smile widened.

-Only this time.-I pointed my finger at him.

"Only this time" she repeated happily.

-You have to know this.-Hilaria approached us.-There will be human blood at dinner.-I swallowed dryly.-Just in case.

-Okay.-I told them not very convinced.-Wait. Didn't you drink human blood the other day?

-No.-Victoria replied smiling.-We left it since your arrival.

-And now you drink that synthetic that they make?

-Oh no, it's still too bad for our taste.-Hilaria's disgusted face gave me the night.-We drink animal blood.

-And of another type.-Victoria contributed, looking at Hilaria out of the corner of her eye.

"What kind?" I asked confused.

-Your heart would beat strongly if we told you so.-Hilaria answered again.-And it doesn't suit us right now.-she sentenced moving away to look out the window.

"On another day," Victoria whispered, sitting in the chair closest to me.

"Shit." Hilaria pronounced angrily.

"What's wrong?" I asked approaching her.

"They have come before their time." My gaze traveled to the outside of the castle. The five were getting out of a black car.

"Shall we set the table, miss?" the man asked again.

-Yes, as soon as possible. -Victoria answered when she saw how Hilaria was concentrated enough to say a word.

The doors were thrown open with force, I calmed my breathing when I saw how Lucy ran into the room with something in her hand.

"Here, put this on." She raised a kind of scarf for me. "Victoria's brother has a fetish with necks." I looked at her incredulously. Was that going to work?