Chapter 1

I watched my mother in amazement as she put a piece of paper in front of me. It was the first day of summer vacation and she was already mad at me. I wished my dad hadn't been gone so much on his business trips, so he could keep her sane.

"What is this?" I asked with a mouth full of Lucky Charms cereal.

"This is your sophomore report card, princess..."

I hated it when she called me princess. It made me sound girly and I wasn't.

I loved skateboarding, instead of shopping, I loved reading books, instead of partying and hanging out with friends and I definitely loved playing with my dog, instead of making out with someone. I tried it once and almost ended up in the hospital because I choked on his tongue.

"So?" I asked again, leaning over to see what she was pointing out.

"Nothing above B."

"Look at it this way.... Nothing below C, except in English..."

She pulled the sheet of paper away from my face, gesturing in disgust. Oh, how she loved to act like the drama queen.

"You're drooling milk all over the sheet" She spat.

"Well, if it's such a shitty report card, then why do you care?" I muttered wiping the table with my sleeve.

"Because you're normal..."

I gulped my cereal and nearly had a heart attack when it went down the wrong pipe.

"Is that a bad thing?"

She always expected me to be perfect, like those girly girls you saw on TV, with lots of makeup, hair extensions and grades as high as her heels. I would occasionally wear makeup because I became insecure about my face and body, and sometimes I would dye my hair different colors, but I never wore extensions.

Imagine choking on fake hair, while the wind blows it in your face. No thanks.

"I want you to be above average..." She continue.

"You mean, perfect..." I corrected her a little angrily. What was she complaining about? I could be doing drugs or fucking a guy or girl every night.

Didn't she realize how lucky she was?

She opened her mouth to say something, but I interrupted her by jumping out of my seat and pulling down my sweatshirt. Oh and she hated the fact that I wore it. It was too 'juvenile' and tacky for her taste.

Ever since my older sister had left for college two years ago, she wanted to turn me into Rosé.

Sometimes she would tell me I was useless, which, to be honest, I was.... But it didn't bother me, I never really cared about other people's opinions.

"Well, school's over now, so there's nothing you can do about it. Now I can go out skating..."

"I've had enough of your bullshit Shin Ryujin!"

I rolled my eyes as I heard her call me by my full name. Which meant she was quite angry and I always hated it when she did that. Although she very little cared since she was always angry and always did it.

"What bullshit things are you talking about, Mom?!" I exclaimed angrily.

"You're always on that damn skateboard and locked in your room, maybe you should get friends!"

I pursed my lips into a thin line. I'd had enough of all this. Fuck off, mom. I thought as I walked up the stairs, closing the door behind me.

I threw myself on my bed and screamed into my pillow as loud as I could, taking out all my anger, this was definitely going to be a somewhat long summer.