Chapter 32

Three days later on the first of August, I was awakened by loud voices at 2:00 a.m.

I rubbed my eyes and got out of bed, wrapping the blanket around me. I hadn't left the house since we got home from Somi's because that same day, I caught a cold.

I walked down the hall to see my grandparents downstairs, talking to Yuna, who was going through a long list.

Grandma was crying and Grandpa was mumbling.

"I'm going to wake Ryujin up and ask her if she wants to come."

"I'm already up." I said and everyone looked at me. "And I'm not going because my head feels like it wants to explode."

"Oh, then come and give your cousin a hug goodbye, she's off to college already!"

I went downstairs and Yuna hugged me.

"You should also apply to Brooklyn..." She said and I nodded.

"Well, come on, before we miss the plane, we're supposed to meet the family- oh God, your plane leaves at seven and we have to travel to Seoul there's a long way by- oh God do you have everything ready yet?!" Grandma started to panic.

"Shut up, woman and get in the damn car!" Grandpa yelled and grabbed Yuna's bags before leaving the house.

"Bye, Ryu!" Yuna waved and I followed them out the door to see them.

Ningning and her family were in the car, waiting for Yuna.

I waved at them and Grandma yelled at me that she had left money on the counter and to lock the door. I nodded and looked at the car as it disappeared.

I saw Yeji at her door looking at me, she was in her pajamas and she smiled when she saw me. I turned around and closed the door before going into the kitchen to see what grandma had left.

There was a bill and a note.

I turned around again and almost screamed when I saw Yeji a few feet away from me.

"You know... Your grandmother said to lock up..."

I looked at her for a second before rolling my eyes.

"I don't have time for your clever pranks." I muttered and tightened my grip on the blanket.

"Are you on your period?" She asked stopping me as I tried to walk past her to go upstairs.

"What? No. Just because I'm mad, doesn't mean I'm on my period, dickhead."

She looked at me smiling.

"Seriously, what happen?" She asked grabbing my arm.

"In case you haven't noticed it's after midnight and I'm sleepy."

"Then go to bed."

"Um... You're in my house, so-"

"And you can't sleep with me here or what?"

I looked at her and sighed.

"Can you hold me like a baby?"

"Okay."

She lifted me by my sides and held me under my butt as started up the stairs.

"Why are you awake?" She asked me.

"Why am I up? Why are you?"

"Because your cousin just left for college and we'll probably see her again in a year."

I didn't answer and she placed me on the bed, managing to settle the blanket on my body. I closed my eyes and could still feel her next to me.

"Yeji?" I asked her, opening my eyes, after I heard her take off her shoes and jump across the bed.