Chapter 41

The rest of the week was spent at the skate park with the rest of the group. Yeji was a completely different person, she was always by my side and even held my hand for everyone to see. Many people were surprised, mostly wondering how Yeji finally got a girlfriend.

Friday afternoon came and I was nervous. I mean, spending two days with Yeji's parents, which was intimidating, even though I had met them before and somehow felt comfortable.

I packed a small suitcase with a formal dress, because we were going to a theater and probably a fancy dinner. A fancy blouse, two pairs of jeans, some heels and a blazer. Plus, my hair straightener and makeup.

Grandpa made sure to take Grandma somewhere around the time I was leaving. Now I was standing in front of Yeji's door at exactly five o'clock in the afternoon, waiting.

Mark was the first one out of the house, with three different suitcases and I offered to help him, but he politely declined, before throwing them in the back of the gray Subaru he used to drive. He took my suitcase too, as Seulgi came out, followed by Yeji, who made sure to lock the door.

"My God I'm so happy we're doing this together!" Seulgi said and hugged me.

Yeji gave me a weird look and I rolled my eyes, turning away from her mother.

"We should get going if you want to make it in time for dinner. If we're lucky, we can make it to the hotel in 90 minutes." Mark said and got into the car.

Yeji and I ended up in the back. The first five minutes were awkward, because there was no music playing, but then Mark made a joke, Seulgi turned on the radio and they started having a conversation about the new baby.

So I turned my head to Yeji, who had her headphones on and her seat belt on.

"Can I have one?" I mumbled, pointing to her headphones.

She nodded and handed me the left one, which I immediately put in my ear.

I grimaced at the loud rock music she was playing, so I took the phone from her hand and snuggled up against her. I ended up with my head in her lap and my knees bent on the bench, flipping through her music library.

Justin Bieber, of course.

I pressed 'Belive' and watched her reaction. She looked at me and I held up my index finger. I started articulating the lyrics dramatically, scrunching up my face and making a fool of myself, which resulted in her placing her hand over my face and sticking her finger in my belly button, making me flinch and almost let out a scream.

We then took turns putting on the music and the genres jumped from punk rock to country to pop to electro and I didn't even care what we listened to, as long as she was playing with my hair and I was happy.

At some point, she stuck her finger up my nose and I slapped her hand, which made Seulgi turn her head back and smile at us. And Yeji was about to say something rude, but I pushed my cheek against her stomach to stop her.

"We're here!" Mark announced and the car stopped.

I sat up straight, my back creaking as I stretched.

The hotel was really fancy and must have cost a lot, which made me feel a little guilty. Yeji and Mark were unloading luggage, when Seulgi and I entered the lobby. She must have seen my expression, because she put a hand on my shoulder, throwing me a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry about the money, Yeji would have had a room to herself anyway, it's no bother, really, you're doing us a favor."

And that made me feel better. I really like her mom, she always knew what to say at the right time.