She's a Beast

"You never told me your name," Morai said. She was still lying blindfolded in a dark hospital room, but if the people around her were to be trusted, that would change today. It had been a day since she had received the news that her terrible nature was here to stay, at least for now, and she was relieved by the fact. Her mysterious visitor had come in once more, resting her arms on the bed rails. 

"Maria," the voice said. 

The door opened, and by the sound of it, whoever stood in the doorway wasn't happy. 

"Anna!" she gasped. "What are you doing here? Don't be so close!" 

"I guess they forgot to tell you that I bite, too," Morai said with a chuckle, baring her teeth. 

"Morai, it's finally time for you to leave this room. Anna, you should leave too. The fewer people, the better."

"Oh, why, Pollie?" Anna said. "I know not to—"

"Those are the rules, given the recent...incident." 

"You really should go," Morai agreed. "With the two of you, I just won't know who to pick off."

"Words like that'll get you another day trapped here just like you are," Pollie said. "And you don't see the guards standing by my side. Get moving, Anna."

Anna sighed and said her goodbye to Morai and left. 

"Oh, thank goodness," Morai said. "I was beginning to think I was hallucinating her this entire time."

Footsteps approached and Morai's blindfold was removed again. Pollie the nurse was right. She had two large guards with her, and Morai could see more lining the halls outside. 

"This'll be fun," she said. 

"Strike two!" Pollie said. "One more threat and you stay." 

"Fine, fine," Morai sighed. "I should just be entirely silent, then."

The two guards undid the straps on her wrists and ankles, and Morai stretched the longest she ever had in her life. She stretched and twisted every muscle and joint and let out a giant groan of relief. The prisoner noticed that she still had her long, sharp nails, which was likely because they were nearly impossible to cut. 

"These are yours," Pollie said, handing a set of clothes to a guard who then handed it to Morai. 

"Oh, don't tell me you all have to see me in my underwear," Morai joked, though she meant what she said. 

"You two leave for a moment," Pollie said. 

"No. That's way too dangerous," one of the guards argued. 

"It may surprise you that I actually want to leave this room," Morai argued. "I wouldn't be so stupid as to try anything now. I think I can control myself long enough to change." 

"Fine. We'll be right outside," the other said. They hesitated to leave, but Pollie shooed them out.

"Thank you," Morai said. All of the grueling training she had done had obviously paid off, as her hospital gown slid off to reveal a very athletic body covered in healing cuts and bruises. The prison uniform she had been given was quite above-average, and it seemed to have been made especially for her. It was a high-collared black jumpsuit with an undershirt in her favorite blood red color. There was a big red eye symbol embroidered on the side of her shoulder, and she figured it was more of a warning to everyone around her than a design choice. 

Morai was handcuffed in the front and led out of the room. Before she could walk fully out into the hall, one of the guards grabbed the back of her collar and pulled her to him. She went to retaliate but stopped herself when he pulled a gun from his belt.