~Illegal Love pt. 6 - 🔴🔵~

[A/N]
This is super old, I didn't really take the time to read it over and edit it. Sorry for any typos, hope you enjoy!

---

Spifey double-checked the address on his card, not wanting to end up at the wrong place. Even just a small mistake like that could result in him losing his job and possibly his life. Such was the life of a servant.

He had been walking through the caves for a while now, still trying to find his way through the maze-like streets and labyrinthian buildings. While he found the city of the caves to be beautiful, he despised how easy it was to get lost. Besides that, he had never particularly liked being underground. It made him feel nervous and claustrophobic, even if the cavern ceiling was far, far above him.

Eventually he made it to the right place: a large structure made of slabs of rock that were haphazardly shoved against stalactites and stalagmites. It all fit together to form a surprisingly sturdy building, but Spifey had to admit, he did not feel safe inside of such a strange structure.

Apparently his destination was apartment number 142. Spifey climbed up the stairs and walked to the room, knocking on the door.

Some shouts could be heard from inside the room, along with what sounded like several things falling. After a few moments, the door swung open to reveal a flustered young man. He quickly ran a hand through his fluffy black hair, his dark brown eyes flitting over to Spifey.

"Good afternoon," Spifey said, his tone formal as he spoke to the man. "I'm here to escort someone named ’Skeppy’ to the castle."

"Oh, yeah. That's me." The ravenet chuckled a bit, clearly nervous. "Uh, give me a sec, I'll be right back." He turned and disappeared into the room, reappearing a while later with an old leather bag in his hand and a satchel hanging from his other shoulder.

"Would you like me to help you with your baggage, sir?" Spifey held a hand out, offering to carry something.

"Uh... sure." Skeppy said, and gave him the workbag.

"If you'll follow me, sir, we'll head to the castle now," Spifey said. Skeppy nodded, so Spifey turned and headed away from the apartment, leading the ravenet down the stairs and out of the building.

Once they were outside, Spifey huffed quietly, reminded of the twisting city streets that he had gotten lost in before. It was going to be a chore finding the way back out. He walked back the way he remembered coming, but it wasn't long before things started looking unfamiliar. Cursing under his breath, he looked up at a nearby street sign, as if it would be able to help.

"Do you know where you're going?" Skeppy asked, a bit uncertain.

"Of course, sir. We’ll be out of the city in just a bit." Spifey really hoped they were going the right way.

"Are you sure? I mean, I can lead the way out of the City if you want. You just seem a little lost," Skeppy said.

"I'm not Iost at all, sir, but you can lead if that would make you more comfortable."

Skeppy raised an eyebrow; he was almost certain that this servant was lying and was indeed very lost. "Sure, follow me. The City exit is this way." He turned and lead the servant to the left, following the roads up towards the exit. They were there in five minutes. A few dark tunnels later, they emerged from the Caves, stepping out onto the soft grass of the Forest.

"There," Skeppy said, crossing his arms. "I assume you'll want to lead the rest of the way, then?"

"...that would be ideal, sir." A hint of annoyance entered Spifey voice. Maybe this guy had saved him from getting lost, but it didn't change the fact that he was getting on Spifey’s nerves.