15. Qingcang's Ultimate Decision

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

Lina sat on her bed, cross-legged, and focused on the task at hand. Her diary was open before her, scribbling down the day's events. Dongfang Qingcang was taking a bath in the adjacent bathroom. She had given him a quick tour of the amenities before she began writing, hoping to make him feel at home in her world.

Lina could not help but feel a twinge of disappointment when she noticed that Qingcang had not reacted more enthusiastically to the modern bathroom facilities. She had anticipated that he would marvel at the water pressure or inquire about the technology behind the showerhead, but he had simply nodded and gone to take a bath without a word.

'He's so stoic,' Lina thought, rolling her eyes. 'Oh well, no one's perfect.'

Lost in her writing, Lina did not hear the sound of the bathroom door opening. Looking up, she saw Qingcang standing there, wearing only a towel wrapped around his waist. Lina's pen fell from her hand in response to the rare sight. Her breath caught in her throat as she took in his toned arms, stomach, and chest, with water droplets glistening on his skin. She could not deny that he looked incredibly attractive, and the sudden rush of shyness that swept over her took her by surprise.

'He's so handsome,' Lina thought, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. 'I didn't expect him to look so good.' Qingcang appeared oblivious to his effect on her as he instantly changed into a fresh set of clothes in mere seconds without moving, with only black smoke covering him when he changed with the speed of light. 'C-couldn't he have done that before showing his naked chest to me?' she thought, trying to regain her composure and shake the thought of seeing Qingcang moments before he got dressed.

As Qingcang finished getting dressed, he turned to her and asked, "Are you alright? Why is your heart jumping?" He noticed her emotions as his own.

Lina managed to nod, her cheeks flushing with shyness. "Yes, everything's fine. My heart is...fine," she said, trying to sound casual. 'He's so caring, though,' Lina thought with a smile. She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down, realizing that Qingcang was too handsome to live with and that he would be more challenging than she had initially thought. 'He's just a fairy bodyguard, Lina. He protects you in exchange for your help to bring him home,' she reminded herself.

"Mhm," Qingcang said in response. "Then, let's go," he said, eager to continue their journey.

Lina, on the other hand, struggled to keep her eyes open. She had not slept more than ten minutes since returning to her world. She knew they needed to keep moving, but her body was starting to give up on her. "Why the rush?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper. "I haven't slept for more than ten minutes. Can you at least give me a day to recover?"

Qingcang looked at her tired eyes and knew she was about to pass out. His stern eyes turned soft, and he cleared his throat. "Alright," he replied, his voice mild.