42. Her Heart's Dilemma

My original novel, "Demon King's Love," has received recognition from the official Wattpad Romance team. They've included it in their "Strange Love" list.

 They've included it in their "Strange Love" list

Lina sat on the edge of a wooden chair, her back straight and her hands tightly clenched in her lap

Lina sat on the edge of a wooden chair, her back straight and her hands tightly clenched in her lap. It had been half an hour since she had asked Yue to reveal everything about Dongfang Qingcang, the man she had married and regarded as a close friend – someone she had entrusted her life to. The room had dim lighting, and the fairy's revelations hung heavily in the air.

Lina found the idea of Dongfang Qingcang killing his father to seize the throne unfathomable. Even more challenging to accept, the title 'Moon Supreme' symbolized a tyrant responsible for unspeakable horrors and the destruction of entire populations. Learning of his brutality left her feeling betrayed by the man she had always seen as a 'good guy', now described as a monstrous figure.

"Chunli, are you okay?" Yue inquired, her concern evident as she observed Lina. Tension etched across her face. 'I can't blame her for being upset about learning the truth about her leader, especially with her memory loss,' she thought, her brow creasing with worry. 'I just hope she doesn't come back as a spy or return at all.'

"Yeah, I'm okay; it's just a lot to take in," Lina responded, her voice steady. She tried to hide her true emotions, but her clenched fists and the tension in her jaw betrayed her inner turmoil. 'I'm furious... I want to... break something... get out of here... and...' her thoughts trailed off, a lump forming in her throat. 'Pretty Eyes... you... you...'

Yue heaved a deep sigh, her eyes locked onto Lina's anxious gaze. "You know what? Let's go to sleep. You've had quite a day. Take some time to relax, and we can talk about the rest tomorrow, okay?" She spoke gently and soothed her guest with a comforting touch on the shoulder, conveying both comfort and understanding.

Lost in thought, her mind a blank canvas, Lina struggled to think with precision. Falling into silence, her heart growing numb, she nodded, unable to find the words. 'My only hope was to find Dongfang Qingcang, but now, I'm at a loss,' she pondered once she regained her composure.