Part 4

About half an hour after Donghyuck had returned to the table to try and brush off the weird feeling in his heart there was a slight commotion before the missing member of their group appeared.

"Renjun-ah! I thought you wouldn't join us at dinner tonight." Kun, a gentle omega and the former's cousin asked the younger as he took a seat between him and Jisung.

"Sorry guys, I fell asleep after chatting with Mark and just woke up." He said with a smile before reaching over to take the plate that their eldest has passed over to him mumbling a thanks in return.

"Just letting you know that the beansprout beside you tried to steal your food earlier~" Chenle said who was sitting across from them and got a chili thrown at him from the mentioned male.

"That's okay, our Jisung still needs to grow and build muscles to be able to escape my wrath after tripping and spilling all sorts of things over my precious books or paintings."

"Didn't you already ban him from your room and hang up a warning on the door?" Yuta, one of the oldest wolves asked amused at the dynamic between the younger ones.

"As if that would stop the kid from wandering inside whenever he looses his earbuds to borrow mine or sleepwalk inside because he doesn't want to sleep alone."

Jisung blushed furiously and whined at the boy beside him not to expose him like that now that he has presented as an alpha and was expected to be tough.

Donghyuck was about to ask why those two would even stay at the same house when he remembered how Jisung's parents were often traveling for work and he would stay over at the house where Kun and Renjun lived.

"Speaking of sleep, where will the tree of you stay for the time being? You didn't tell us how long you're staying in Seoul this time." Taeyong asked his eldest cousin with hopes of hearing that the trio planned to stay for a while.

"We might stay here for a few days and then see how things will go with grandma and this whole celebration that's about to happen."

"Why don't you move back to our family house? Your rooms are still the same and I'm sure Jeno would be happy about having a gaming buddy again."

"Sure, although it might be a bit hectic now with everything going on and we don't want to bother uncle and auntie."

"Nonsense! Mom is already planning the things she could feed Hyuck with after seeing how much thinner he became after moving to the states."

Another fit of laughter spread around the table and stories about the once chubby tan alpha resurfaced making the male in question give his cousin death glares.

The evening was lively and nobody really wanted to leave for home early enjoying the warm summer night outside with friends but eventually one by one the youngsters retreated to their homes leaving just a couple behind.

Donghyuck retrieved his bag from upstairs and saw a shadow move around the garden from one of the windows on the first floor.

"Ready to go home?"

"Is somebody still here aside from us?"

"Oh, Kun-hyung and Renjun are doing the dishes and cleaning up as it's their turn now." Jeno answered while staring at his phone where he was playing a game.

The tan alpha just nodded and walked out with the other towards the house he once called his home, mind still thinking about a certain little guy with two toned hair.

~

Despite staying up all night gaming with his cousin Donghyuck didn't feel sleepy at all as he watched the sky brighten up slowly and decided to go for a walk instead of staring longer at the ceiling of his bedroom.

It was pleasantly fresh outside at the crack of dawn and he sighed in content as he let his feet take him wherever, surprised when he found himself at the Dream house's garden.

Looking at the empty place he decided to go inside and sing a few songs on the karaoke machine now that nobody was around.

As his socked feet quietly slid over the wooden floor his nose started picking up that familiar scent once again - green tea and jasmine.

He was ready to believe he was going crazy until he arrived on the first floor and his eyes spotted the male peacefully sleeping on the bed right under the open window, an empty mug by his head on the small dresser that still had some leftover tea in it.

Renjun was facing him as he lay there motionlessly, hair brushed back from his face this time and breathing slow and even despite the rays of sun shining down right on him.

Donghyuck snorted and quickly took a picture, for blackmailing purposes of course, wondering how the shorter was able to sleep so much when he himself didn't even feel tired.

Seeing as his plans of using the karaoke machine were down the drain he made his way over to the bed he had used the previous day, slipping under the covers and playing some lame game on his phone.

He doesn't remember when his eyes shut and he got lulled to sleep by the comforting jasmine scent despite the sun lighting up the room, something that would usually wake him up.