Back Ground (Republished)

TW: MENTION OF DRUG ADDICTION, SEXUAL VIOLENCE AND VIOLENCE FROM SPOUSE

     Kiera was a girl who had good grades, was good in school and good with people. Which could have been part of her downfall. When she had graduated, applied to college, and got acceptance letters from multiple universities she decided to go out and go to a few different parties, celebrating her success. At a certain party she wound up in line for the bathroom after a few drinks, she wasn't really paying much attention to the people around her, she just knew she had to go the bathroom.  She noticed a guy in front of her continuously glancing back to her, he did this a few times before he spoke to her. 

     "What's your name?" He asks, she debated on telling him for a moment 

"I'm Kiera what's yours?" She asks in reply

     "I'm James it's nice to meet you" He says, the way he was looking at her was off its as if he was looking through her

"Yeah, you as well"

     "So what are you doing here tonight ms? You with anyone?" 

"No not with anyone just here to hangout and have some fun.  Why do you ask?"

     "Well, I was just wondering, but if your here for fun you wanna try something?"

"What is this something?"

     "It's called oxy-" She stops him, cutting him off

"I don't know about all that, I don't know you. Plus I don't really do that stuff"

     "Come on it's nothing bad, I'm not a bad guy"

"I'm almost sure that's what all murders say too" She replies, getting tired of him pestering her 

     "Just take a chance, have some fun, I'll leave you alone after and I'll take them with you" He grins "Your here for fun"  She doesn't want to have to deal with him so she decides what's the worst that could happen

"Fine whatever let me see it"

     "Atta girl" He says and pulls a pill bottle out of his pocket, pouring a few in his hand, he hands her two and keeps the rest for himself "Just take that with some of your drink"

"Both of them?" 

     "Yeah don't worry you'll be alright"

     She nods and takes the pills with the drink she had in her hand, she wasn't sure what she was thinking beside that she didn't want this man to continue to pester her about this.  As she waited in line for the bathroom they spoke and he let her go in before her, when she entered she ended up throwing away her drink before using the bathroom. Suddenly a felt a wave of silence rolled over her, well you could say that, but it was more of an emptiness.  She wasn't worried about school or her parents or anything as she stood in that bathroom, she could hardly even hear the party on the other side of the door.  So when she stepped out of the bathroom and James walked in, she waited in the hallway for him seeing as he was the only person who could guide her through what was happening right now. As Kiera waited patiently she sort of zoned out, her vision unfocused and her finger rolling her lip between them the only thought that was going through her head was why had she accepted the pills from the random boy. A tap on her shoulder pulls her out of the silence, making her sort of jump as she remembered where she was, her ears just now realizing the loud sound of the party again.  The boy who gave her the pills was stood in front of her but she forgot she had even been waiting for him, and before she could say anything he spoke. 

     "You okay pretty" His tilts his head slightly

"Mhm" She replies with a nod "We should go sit down somewhere"